Falconers 7'c IPA. What do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsAndJumps

Reaction score
Hi All,

After making a few clones this is my first reciepe, I would appreciate if you would critic this recipe. I have all these ingredients ready to go.

Do you think this brew will be way too bitter given the malt profile? Any other inputs would be greatly appreciated.

6lbs 8oz Extra light DME
8oz Briess pilsnen light DME
1lbs dextrose
8oz crystal 30
8oz biscuit malt
8oz carapils dextrin

.75oz Magnum @ 60min
2oz Falconers 7c's at 15min
1oz Falconers 7c's at 5min
1oz Falconers 7'cs at 0min (wait 10 minutes before cooling)
1/2 whirlfoc at 15min.

4oz Falconers 7c's at 15min

wyeast 1028 London ale.

5.5 gallon batch.

est OG 1.065 est FG 1.012
IBU's 65.2

I'm wondering if your typo of a second 15 min addition of 4 oz is a dry hop? If so that beer shouldn't be too bitter, and seems fine to me. I would just split the dry hop in half, do half for 4 days before packaging in a keg and the other half in the keg. If you're bottling, I would do half for 4 days then the other half for 4 days then bottle. Can't comment on using biscuit malt in an IPA, as I haven't tried it, but I've used Munich lately to get more malt without too much sweetness and imagine that's the concept. Good luck!

this is what I would do for hops

.75oz Magnum @ 60min
1oz Falconers 7c's at 15min
2oz Falconers 7'cs at 0min

4oz Falconers 7c's dry hop, 4 days before kegging/bottling, then cold crash to drop the hops out

Thanks for the reply guys.

Changing the recipe a bit, 0 min addition will be 2oz.

.75oz Magnum @ 60min
1oz Falconers 7c's at 15min
1oz Falconers 7c's at 10min
2oz Falconers 7'cs at 0min (wait 10 minutes before cooling)
1/2 whirlfoc at 15min.

4oz Falconers 7c's dry hop for 4 days.

Sorry for the late reply.

I didn't reach the FG that I was aiming for. The beer ended up a little sweet, but the beer is flipping amazing! Only a few bottle left, my friends keep drinking it!

I'll brew this again and the only thing i'm changing is the extract, i'm upgrading to BIAB. This beer will dryer and even better!

Latest posts

Back