Fairbanks, Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akdiesel

Reaction score
Hey,
My name is Tony, a new homebrewer from AK. Hope to learn a ton and help out when I can.

Welcome from Soldotna. I have been brewing for a few months. All kinds of great people here. Always helpful and great reading. There is not much for home brew stores here, just enough to keep me in minimal supplies. I go to Homer or Anchorage for most of my supplies. I haven't started ordering on line yet. I'm thinking about building a small shed to brew in in the winter. I don't have that one figured out yet. Recently I got an All Grain set up from a guy who was moving. Have fun brewing.
Tom

Aktom that's great. I miss the peninsula I was raised in Soldotna most of my life and graduated high school at SoHi just got a job up in FB otherwise I would have moved back there. Glad to see someone from my neck of the woods

Thanks smiley. Any of you Alaska brewers have advice for brewing through the winter? Just looking for somewhere to keep my setup so it's a good temp and not too hot

I have a closet next to my garage that maintains 64 all year long so that's where I store my buckets and car boys when fermenting. Otherwise I do all my brewing in my garage

Back