EZ water calculator virus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONNYROTTEN

Reaction score
I was trying to get some info on water additions. I went on EZwatercalculator.com. It said I needed to download "forms" to continue. Iwas takling to me in a computer voice " hit start now" "almost done" Which is always a bad sign.So I did even though MCAfee said not to...like a dumb ass. Now Google chrome is gone and I get Yahoo as a homepage. If I click on My Chrome icon that I always use Yahoo Comes up. If I type "Google chrome" in the Yahoo search page it just refreshes the Yahoo page without redirecting me. So at this point I cant get Chrome and I'm stuck with this crappy Yahoo search page and instantly slower computer.

I "yahooed" how to remove it. It said to go to Apps and Features and look for Yahoo and delete it. I scrolled through it and Yahoo wasnt there. None of the Apps had todays date either. I was thinking if there was something with todays date that must be it under a different name.

I ran a full MCAfee scan and it says my computer is clean'

This is what I get for trying to learn about water. How do I get this off and get my Chrome back? I'm pretty much computer illiterate so layman terms would be helpful. Thanks in advance

I think I got it. I went to tools and then Extensions and deleted "forms" Thanks for the quick response Mongoose. It was your reply on my other thread that got me thinking about RO and water additions..so thanks for that reply also.

Back