Extract to grain ratio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
Does any one know a formula for removing some of the extract from a recipe? I like to remove 3.3lbs from a black ipa recipe. also I would like to sub the dark liquid malt extract in favor for light LME and add more of the specialty malts . Any help would be great!

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Since your posting from an iPhone try Brewpal, plug your recipe in and start substituting ingredients as required.

I also use Brewmate on my PC, really like it.

Generally, one pound grain (two-row base malt) = .75 pounds light LME = .6 pound light DME.

Dark LME is hard, because no one can tell you what's in it. Certainly crystal malt, but I have no idea how much or how dark.

The goal here for me is to remove some the dark LME and sub in light or amber for tge favors , then work up to the same SRM• using the dark specialty grains... But I guess I didn't figure on loosing the body which I'm sure I will. Any one know if there is a recipe in a BYO for a Black IPA

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Back