Extract Recipe Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eman24dx

Reaction score
My local brewery has the new brew on tap with the ingredients listed on the menu. I dont think they would be willing to give up the recipe but with knowing the ingredients is it possible to guesstimate the amount of which to make a similar brew. Here is what was listed on the menu:

-Carmel 60
-Vienna.
-New York State pale malt.
-Amarillo hops
-New York Cascade hops.

The beer has a great rich malty/hoppy flavor. I am hoping to extract a similar brew from what they gave me. Anyone want to take a crack at making this into an actual recipe? Also where would I purchase New York specific malt/hops or does it not make much of a difference where these come from?

Great tasting beer if anyone live in or around Buffalo, NY. I am on my 3rd growler hence me wanting to make my own.

What is the beer type? One could make many beers with those ingredients and different yeast strains. What is the the ABV? Some of our local breweries will give yeast samples if you catch them on the right day and a few will even give 6g of wort for $15. If you are going there enough and it is a smallish brewer I would think they would offer up a little more info if asked.

I definitely would ask what yeast they use that would help a bunch in getting you closer to a product.

Back