Extract question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datdudeyayo

Reaction score
I am brewing an extract beer... also requires that I steap some grains can I steap the grains an hour or so before I brew to save time on my kitchen stove and take it down to my brew pot without it effecting the beer?

Why do you ask this question here? Do you not have instructions for what you are attempting to do?
Not trying to be facetious, but there is a search function in this forum that will really help you with questions like this.

Why do you ask this question here? Do you not have instructions for what you are attempting to do?
Not trying to be facetious, but there is a search function in this forum that will really help you with questions like this.

I really doubt that a search will find the answer, at least easily, for this question.

OP, yes that will work just fine. As long as you remove the grains at the end of the steep.

Just in case you could raise the temperature of the steep to 170 degrees do stop enzymatic conversion and lock in the flavor profile. This would be critical if mashing with base malts. That is more of an all grain concern.

You definitely can. There's no need to go straight from steeping to the boil. You wouldn't want to wait too long (don't leave it for days), but an hour gap isn't going to cause you any problems.

:( don't be mean.

Ask away. There are no stupid questions. And welcome to brewing.:tank:

Thank all of you for the answers!! So to inconvenience your brain powers apendejo I was under the assumption that this was for beginners to ask questions!!! Thanks all of you
For the answers... excited to make this ber

Ok, I came off sounding a bit assholish. I probably should have phrased my post a little differently.
When I was doing extracts with steeping grains on a small electric kitchen stove I would sometimes do the steeping part early in the morning, remove the grain bag and let it sit for a couple of hours, getting other things ready before starting the boil. So, yes that is an option
Also, the search function of this forum is one of the better ones I have used. There are hours and hours of reading fun to be had there.

Back