Explain your handle / De construct your avatar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to bring it back Dynachrome. If your name was Dynochrome I would know where that came from.
I think my handle is pretty self explanatory and the picture is of my eating a fish on a stick and having a Radler after riding my rental mountain bike up the Zugspitz and melting the brakes off on the way back down to the lake.

EDIT: I guess my avatar isn't showing up anymore.

I'm a father that brews. I also find the idea of santa randomly exposing himself rather amusing. Yes i'm aware I might have mental problems.

I have a dog (Boxer) named, Hoosier. Hoosier Daddy sounded funny, although a bit cliche, so Hoosier Daddy was born. I'm actually researching breweries in my area that were killed by prohibition. If ever I decide to take it to the next level one of those names may well be re-born.

I graduated from and played baseball at the University of Maryland. I'm still a huge football and basketball fan and my wife and I have had season football tickets since I graduated ('04). I'm also 6'8" and 245 lbs. BigTerp seemed fitting.

DiaperLoad is my PS3 gamer tag. I used to go by Karichi (Karl + Ichiro my favorite baseball player). Everyone thought I was japansese though. So I switched it to DiaperLoad just because I thought it was funny. Sometimes I go by FullDiaperLoad. All depends.

For now I have no avatar ; ;

My handle is play on the word irrational and eers which is short for Mountaineers. Irrational is a good description of my behavior during sporting events involving my college team.

The Avatar is a photo of my two mutts Brisco and Dixie. Both named after characters in a Bruce Campbell TV show.

Middle name Chandler. I was in high school when "Friends" was popular. I'm taking suggestions for a new one.

Christopher Walken is my hero.

This thread has been dormant for almost a year, and I figured that lots of new people have come on board (including myself) and it might be nice to see why you chose your "handle". My handle is from my other obsession. The Honda CBX model motorcycle, produced from 1979 to 1982, it was Honda's "look what we can do" model for that era. It's an inline, air cooled 6 cylinder, 24 valve, 1047cc, Ferrari exhaust note, rolling piece of mass produced art. I have 3, 2 more than I need. Kind of like the beer thing, I don't need that XXX, but I want it! Don't have an avatar yet, but when I upgrade it will be the motor of the CBX. And strangely, my handle on the CBX forum (member for 7 years) is 6pac2go :D

I can see where my handle could be misleading. i'm basically a hot rodder that over the years changed to muscle car guy to motor/gearhead to tuner guy. Sheez. And I'm a UAW member (retired) like my father before me. Putting the two together you get unionrodder shortened to unionrdr.
My current avatar goes along with my epitaph,recombinent extract muse. I like to combine extracts in different ways to get a style I have in my head. The avatar pic is the ingredients for my Buckeye Burton ale. An ale from the 1890's that I read up on after revvy brought it to my attention. Making it all extract was something I felt could & should be done for those of us using them. Def a challenge at the time.
I thought about recombinent dna & such,& realized that's a big part of what we do here.

My name was pretty easy to come up with. I went to the University of Iowa (Hawkeyes, or Hawks for short) and am a huge Chicago Blackhawks fan (grew up in Chicago and live there now). So from two became one... oh yeah, and I brew beer so that is where brewer comes from. Original I know.

Well, my username does not have anything to do with medicinal marijuana, although I am all in favor of legalization!

I came up with mmjfan because of the band My Morning Jacket. They are, IMO, the best performing live act going and are right up there as far as obsessions of mine along with home brewing! :ban:

I'm a member of their fan forum and my username there is ILikeBeer! :mug:

Mine is a play off an old "HomeStarRunner" episode where Strong Bad is talking about drinking beer and keeps refering to them as "cold ones" or just a "one" in the case of a single beer.

45px-Cold_One.PNG

I replaced "cold" with "huge".... you can decide what the that means...

Thought I'd posted here once before ...

Thepartsmancometh is a play on the play "the ice man cometh." Plus I, ya know, work in auto parts.

The avatar is one of my cats looking mischievous (which he is)

Klong is a combo of my first initial and last name. It reads like Kong so I added the King. I try to name all my beers some sort of monkey name, and create labels for them. Nutty Monkey was a nut brown ale, and I put a crazy looking, laughing monkey on the label. Smoking Monkey is a smoked porter branded with a sailor monkey smoking a fatty. Barrel of Monkey is a barrel aged stout, and has a barrel full of monkeys on it. Marzen Monkey is in the fermenter. Its label has a chimp dressed in traditional bavarian clothes drinking a liter.

If I paid, and had an avatar, it would be a silohuette of a gorilla face that I use on another forum. I can't seem to locate it in Google right now. I use it on my labels as well in one of the sidebars with "King Klong Brewing" over it.

It suits me.

PILGARLIC/ˌpɪlˈɡɑːlɪk/

It’s been a while since anyone used this word, though you’ll find it in many older works. It means a bald-headed man or a person looked on with humorous contempt or mock pity.
Its origin is straightforward: it’s a compound of pil, a word that later changed its spelling to the modern peel, plus garlic. So it compares a man with a bald head to a peeled head of garlic.
But it wasn’t just a simple case of a ludicrous comparison; there was a strong hint about the reason why the man had gone bald — through an attack of the pox (slang for syphillis). So the contemptuous meaning arose, and was well established by the early seventeenth century. Later the link with venereal disease declined, but the adverse meaning survived.

Well Darkness- from the Chappel show I am Charley Muruphy! All my friends scream my name now and call me Darkness so there you have it

gak - my initials
27 - represents a drum & bugle corps I marched in - 27th Lancers

Brew = Well... that one pretty much explains itself.
Scout = My MOS in the U.S Army. 19D, Cavalry Scout.
Avatar is my first ever homebrew. A blonde kit that I forgot to top off with water. Hence the very dark color.

My last name is Stauffer, I'm of German heritage, and I drink beer... Hence, Stauffbier..

The avatar is my family crest, which I thought was fitting since it's a picture of a hand with a goblet!

Pirat is from my college days. Made a lot of loud, unintelligible noises ("Yarrr!") when drunk and was part of a fraternity ending with "pi", so I guess it was a no-brainer for my friends. The wolf part is from Pulp Fiction, the character Winston Wolf. Got that nickname waiting tables b/c I became the guy who could rescue even the worst table from disaster.

Both of those were long ago, but the combo works as a fairly unique forum name.

The pic is from the day I brewed my 1st 10-gal batch of my favorite beer in my new propane tank/AG set up!

Jmprdood = because I have 5000+ parachute jumps between military and skydiving.

Avatar = I'm a fanatic about Gonzaga Univ basketball

Can't remember if I talked about this before so here goes again.

WAY back, long ago in the IBM computer world you could only use 8 characters to name a file. Back then I was teaching high school and we were given two free internet accounts by a local provider. The school nickname is the Sea Riders which was way to long so I came up with crider-1 and crider-2.

I put the name on my truck license plate as well C-RIDER

Since I surf well use to, I have the picture of me w/my surfboard as I am/was a Sea Rider. :cross:

My handle started as an inside joke between my wife and I, more of a guttural sound than anything of meaning (someone pretty accurately described it as a noise you'd make when you get punched in the stomach). I like it, and I never have to worry about someone else taking it...

As for my avatar, rude boys everywhere. Need no further explanation :D

Pretty simple really, my handle is my name, akin to 'J-Lo' or 'A-Rod'

And don't mess with Charlie D. or I'll have to get all gangsta on your ass

While playing the original quake over the network during class (HS), I killed a bunch of folks at once and shouted out "I am the unibomber" and one of the guys playing said "more like the looneybomber". 15 years later, I still use it.

Malevolent/malevolant has been my internet handle since i was like 10 years old. Never outgrown it.

'Dawnhulio' arose from a particular few episodes of 'Beavis and Butthead' back in the day. Some of you may remember that Beavis pulled his t-shirt over his head and ran about screaming 'I am the Great Cornholio! TP for my bunghole!' etc. etc.

I was working in management at a retail store - during the Christmas season - dealing with nasty customers and staff issues. I was stressed out; and ran into the storeroom where employees where eating their lunch. I kicked my shoes at the wall and pulled my shirt up over my head a la Beavis and ran about screaming 'I am the great Dawnholio, TP for my bunghole!!! Corn, you call it maize, etc. etc.' which got a laugh out of the staff and got me laughing. The next day I came to work to find that someone had changed the name on my name tag to 'The Great Dawnhulio (sic)' and it stuck. My nickname has been 'Dawnhulio' or 'The Great Dawnhulio' ever since (along with the name tag misspelling). :D

The avatar is a picture of me doing what I do best... relaxing and enjoying a beer or two. In this picture I am at McMenamin's Edgefield campus, enjoying a Terminator Stout. (hence 'Stout Chick Brewing')...

Back