Experimental recipie

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srm277

Reaction score
I know this wont sound like one for you guys, but this is my 4th batch that I will be making. My first 2 were new castle clones that I did 2 different recipes for, second one I had a better idea what I was doing. 3rd batch was a new castle clone, but they didn’t have the right extracts so I decided to go for a chance and use 2 different extracts to hope it would work, it’s in primary right now.

Anyways for my next batch I want to make a new recipe, but similar to new castle since I really like it.

Muntons Chocolate, add 3oz
Muntons crushed crystal, add 2 oz
2 cans of M&F light DME
1 ounce Kent goldings
Then 1/2 ounce Kent goldings
That’s the new castle recipe w/o making everything completely exact

I would like to either add cinnamon or blueberry to my next batch of beer, with all that information, any suggestions on a recipe I would be able to make? I’m game for anything as long as it tastes good and will have a kick to it :rockin:
Thanks and if there’s anything else needed to know let me know so I can add to help make a really good beer, im going to the store in acouple of days so no rush

I'd look at dark Christmas beers if you want to add cinnamon or maybe a Moroccan Ale. For the Blueberry I'd base it on a wheat.

I'd recommend making 2 x 2.5 gallon batches for untested recipes or if you are not sure you'll like them.

Back