Exchilerator Maxx vs. Zchiller large counterflow chillers.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Max and it chills fairly quickly but uses way more more water than I would have thought and doesn’t seem to chill as fast as my therminator Did. It’s longer than the Z (25’ vs 13’ ) but not as rugged ~ has pex fittings on end. Be careful adjusting. I also don’t like the directions of intake/outflow on my Max as they face in slightly different directions vs the Z. The Max will pull every last drop w/o issue even with lots of hops. Last batch I recirculated back into the BK to sanitize the chiller and dropped the entire 7 gallons to pitching temp fairly fast but winter water was cold. I have a thermometer on both sides.

Regular exchillerator is great for chilling. Not quite enough flow for whirlpooling just because its a long length of narrow tubing. The Max has dual tubes which should be a big improvement. Or you can just use a 3 way valve to sanitize the chiller then switch to whirlpool.

Regular exchillerator is great for chilling. Not quite enough flow for whirlpooling just because its a long length of narrow tubing. The Max has dual tubes which should be a big improvement. Or you can just use a 3 way valve to sanitize the chiller then switch to whirlpool.
Just a correction the Brutus has dual tubes.

Back