Every brewer's worst nightmare

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CeeTee

Reaction score
Quick story.

6 hour brew day in 110F heat (AZ living)...
2 Weeks primary in ice bath (tshirt method) for 63F
Racked to secondary (dry hop for 1 week)
3 hours cleaning and sanitizing kegerator equipment
Rack beautiful fermented beer into keg (tasted delicious)
Force carb at 30PSI for two days
All luscious beer now at the bottom of kegerator

I want to cry. Seriously.
I. Want. To. Cry. :mad:

Quick story.

6 hour brew day in 110F heat (AZ living)...
2 Weeks primary in ice bath (tshirt method) for 63F
Racked to secondary (dry hop for 1 week)
3 hours cleaning and sanitizing kegerator equipment
Rack beautiful fermented beer into keg (tasted delicious)
Force carb at 30PSI for two days
All luscious beer now at the bottom of kegerator

I want to cry. Seriously.
I. Want. To. Cry. :mad:

I'm sorry. I had that happen also on a Chocolate Strawberry Cream Gruit that I made. I had a bad connection to the post on the 2 gal corny. Luckily for me it was a one gallon batch, unfortunately it had a 8# grain bill. So it was a bit of a costly mistake. The two glasses I got out of it were excellent though. Hope you were able to salvage some of it!

Can we get a moment of silence at 12:00 p.m. MST for the lost beer? You'll be missed, but never forgotten.

My worst nightmare is having all of my brewing equipment and keezer stolen. That would be way worse than losing 5 gallons of beer to the bottom of your kegerator.

I will take that any day over dumping a batch on the floor, pretty sure wife would killed me if i dropped a carboy of stout anywhere in our house.

Yes, the beer line connection to the keg post was slightly loose and it leaked out... It wasn't really the cost of the batch... it was more of the time and effort that was lost.

I did manage to get 1/4 pint of foam... I chalk it up to a valuable lesson learned. I checked it a few hours after putting it on the gas and all seemed fine. Next time I will continue to check it until it's serving pressure.

Back