Europe Trip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm going to be going on a two week trip to Belgium, Germany, and the Netherlands in late September/early October and I'm looking for advice on local breweries. I'd like to hit up something a little smaller that I may not have seen/heard of here in Canada.

As of right now my plans are to stop in Berlin, Brussels, Amsterdam, and Dusseldorf, along with the surrounding areas. We're going to try to make it to at least one of the Trappist Abbeys, and Cantillon is definitely on the list. Otherwise I could use some help from people in the know.

Cheers!

You'll be there around Oktoberfest time. Munich would be a long way from where you are traveling, but there are Oktoberfest celebrations in other German cities, such as Hannover. Smaller cities often do fests, featuring their local brews.

I the Netherlands you can visit De Koningshoven Brewery (La Trappe beer), i think it is the single trappist brewery outside Belgium.

Back