Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more pissed off about last night's 1-goal loss than I was about the 7-1 (8-1, really) blowout. Carlyle is a ****ing joke.

Well lets see if the hawks can pull out of their offensive funk tonight against montreal. Defense needs to tighten up too. Go Hawks!

Hey, they've actually TRIED for 125 minutes in a row now! We will see if this new trend continues.

Heh. I'm still shaking after all the adrenaline from that ending. Refs were a joke tonight, too.

Hopefully they keep it up, especially because I have great seats for the Habs game on Saturday and then the Sens game two weeks later.

Saw that. Bad goal.
Button manning the network desk tonight nearly had an aneurism.

btw, is there a bigger waste of looks than Tappen on that network?
Tragic...

Cheers!

Just got back from the Leafs-Habs game. The good, lower-bowl seats are apparently filled by real fans and not just stuffy suits when Montreal comes to town. Allowed for the greater experience of good seats with the energy of the cheaper seats, for once.

What an unreal game all-around. Definitely doesn't hurt that Toronto won. :D

Watched the whole game, that was a fine effort by the Leafs - and much appreciated down here. Montreal didn't go down easily but that's two points they didn't get :D

Cheers!

Just got back from the Leafs-Habs game. The good, lower-bowl seats are apparently filled by real fans and not just stuffy suits when Montreal comes to town. Allowed for the greater experience of good seats with the energy of the cheaper seats, for once.

What an unreal game all-around. Definitely doesn't hurt that Toronto won. :D

The whole "suits in the lower bowl" mantra is just a load of bull**** shoveled out by people who are butthurt about not getting tickets, or are simply too lazy to get off their asses and make it down to the ACC.

When there's something ot cheer for, the place gets loud just like any other arena.

The whole "suits in the lower bowl" mantra is just a load of bull**** shoveled out by people who are butthurt about not getting tickets, or are simply too lazy to get off their asses and make it down to the ACC.

When there's something ot cheer for, the place gets loud just like any other arena.

I wasn't saying it's normally completely silent, but the difference between the Montreal game, and a game against Anaheim that I went to earlier this season when Kessel netted a hat trick, was pretty vast. I'm not just saying it because that's what I hear others say... my friend and I pretty much had to actually work to get our section going the last time I went (and even then, most just sat still and remained quiet... and I don't mean we were being obnoxious); on Saturday, everybody was loud and into it, and from the very beginning, no prodding necessary.

I'm going again for the Ottawa game on Feb 1, I guess I'll see how another division rival compares.

(I haven't been to a game in the upper bowl since I was a kid in the late '90s, so if anything, it's my memory of the excitement in the cheaper seats that might be exaggerated.)

I wasn't saying it's normally completely silent, but the difference between the Montreal game, and a game against Anaheim that I went to earlier this season when Kessel netted a hat trick, was pretty vast. I'm not just saying it because that's what I hear others say... my friend and I pretty much had to actually work to get our section going the last time I went (and even then, most just sat still and remained quiet... and I don't mean we were being obnoxious); on Saturday, everybody was loud and into it, and from the very beginning, no prodding necessary.

I'm going again for the Ottawa game on Feb 1, I guess I'll see how another division rival compares.

(I haven't been to a game in the upper bowl since I was a kid in the late '90s, so if anything, it's my memory of the excitement in the cheaper seats that might be exaggerated.)

I've been to other arenas that are dead quiet as well. Even Philly with their battery-tossing insanity was a morgue, and they beat the Bruins 3-1 or whatever.

If you expect the crowd to get fired up for a Leafs Anaheim game just as much as a Leafs/Habs game, then you're crazy. Anyway anyone who thinks the ACC is quiet did not watch the playoffs. Those 3 games against Boston were awesome. "THANK YOU KESSEL"!

Oh and the upper bowl? It's just full of dummies yelling "SHOOT!!! SHOOOOOT!!!!" all the time. Yeah, nevermind there's 3 guys between you and the net, just shoot it...

Bruins are smokin' hot right now, 21 goals in the last four games and a lot of them were darned pretty. Fun to watch when they're rollin' like this...

Cheers!

Quick, can somebody tell me who the hottest team in the NHL is right now? L10 seems to be a great place to start.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392152728.517751.jpg

Rumour (my wife telling me) has it that NHL STARS are not staying at fancy schmancy hotels at the olympics, but rather are staying at the Olympic village rooms the same as the other olympians. Anyone know of this? That would be a far cry from the NBA divas in the summer olympics.

Rumour (my wife telling me) has it that NHL STARS are not staying at fancy schmancy hotels at the olympics, but rather are staying at the Olympic village rooms the same as the other olympians. Anyone know of this? That would be a far cry from the NBA divas in the summer olympics.

3 to a room, single beds. Same as Vancouver 2010.

Hockey players are cheap as hell - no way they'd fork out money on swanky accommodations.

Luongo said he and Carey Price are going to push their beds together.

JVR said he's going to take lots of photos of him and Phil together and send them to Bozak so he doesn't miss him too much.

Hockey players are the best.

Here's CHara's bed - they added a cute little extension!
09388f30-904d-11e3-8527-3fdded1ecf46_zdenocharabedflag.jpg

3 to a room, single beds. Same as Vancouver 2010.

Hockey players are cheap as hell - no way they'd fork out money on swanky accommodations.

Luongo said he and Carey Price are going to push their beds together.

JVR said he's going to take lots of photos of him and Phil together and send them to Bozak so he doesn't miss him too much.

Hockey players are the best.

I don't agree that hockey players are cheap. Having read Darren McCarty's book, I can attest to the fact that many of them actually have a lot of money and spend a lot of money on nice things.

Sure, some of them are not rich superstars or veterans, and they have to watch what they spend, I'm betting most of the players in the Olympics who play in the NHL have $$ to spare.

I would really like to see some of the antics that are going on over there right now!

It's all hearsay of course, but I do have friends who played minor hockey and are still friends with a few NHLers.

Cheap. As. ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I used to manage a Car Wash/Detail center in San Jose. Many of the Sharks were regular customers. And they all typically bought the cheapest wash package we had. Every few months they would splurge on a $50 quick wax. They all had modestly expensive European cars, but never top of the line, high-end exotics. Just a different breed of pro athletes.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Miller to the Blues:

Yaish!!!

Been waiting a couple months for this trade. The Blues' weak link is cured. Onward and upward!

Remember that time penguins fan cried about losing a game. Oh wait.... Don't they always??? Hahahahahha. If the flyers suck what does that say about the pens. 0-4 yesterday and lost again to flyers today. They must really suck.

Sent from somewhere to someone

Remember that time penguins fan cried about losing a game. Oh wait.... Don't they always??? Hahahahahha. If the flyers suck what does that say about the pens. 0-4 yesterday and lost again to flyers today. They must really suck

typical philthadelphia fan........see ya in the play offs...oh wait you won't be there.:D

Back