Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flyers played well enough to control most of the game but couldn't score and have up a couple beauties. I guess my optimism about the offense was baseless even though they create enough chances, just couldn't finish, per the norm.

I dont think Hall is going to be suspended. after seeing the hit in slow motion from a few different angles it looks like it was hip to hip, and the wild player try to avoid it at the last second. if he is suspended I think it is because they hit was late , not knee to knee

Clutterbuck was peeling away from the play after losing the puck off his skate. Maybe it was a missed hip check, but on the lengthwise angle shot it looked like he stuck the knee out at the last second. If this is not knee on knee, I don't know what is. I predict a 2 game suspension.

bdsc5usciaaw7hf-e1361514728937.jpg

If you take a frame shot a fraction of a second later the hit will look completely different. the initial contact was hip to hip. it looked like he took his knee out from underneath them because no upper body contact was made causing him to flip over. it was a very weird angle of contact make it look a lot dirtier than it was

Clutterbuck was peeling away from the play after losing the puck off his skate. Maybe it was a missed hip check, but on the lengthwise angle shot it looked like he stuck the knee out at the last second. If this is not knee on knee, I don't know what is. I predict a 2 game suspension.

2 game suspension was just announced. I'm not sure he deserves it after seeing the footage

on TSN when they announced the suspension they said that it was for the lateness.and the fact that Clutterbuck did not have the puck, noting it was not knee on knee

The islanders now have the most expensive goalie in the minors, that is beautiful. He will be bought out at the end of thevseason

I love the smell of seventeen (17) straight games with a point in the morning. It smells like..... like here come the mothafvckin' Blackhawks. :D

Ok, back to the discussion of who's team sucks more, I'll talk some more trash later if that streak goes to 20. (This is an "Obnoxious Trah Talk" thread, no). :mug:

Wings are up 2-0 in the middle of the second period. Let's hope they don't blow yet another 2 point lead.

Finally a good game from Detroit. First win in 6 games, PP goal and Penalty Kill, and first shutout of the season for Jimmy. I definitely enjoyed watching this one. :ban:

Yes. The ice is the problem. Not Gunnarson. Not Scrivens....It's the ice.

LOL

silly leaf fan.

Scrivens blew it, no argument from me there.

But I made that "ice" comment when the game was tied 2-2 (check the timestamp if you must), so I wasn't exactly looking for an excuse. I just don't think I've ever seen the puck bounce around quite so much, quite so ridiculously. For all I know or care, the Leafs could have received the net advantage from it. So while I'll assert that the ice was "a" problem, I'm not about to say that the ice was "the" problem... homer fail.

Watching Bruins/Panthers on DVR. Good first period so far for the Bs, but there was a "Big Bird On Skates" goal scored by Chara that will definitely make the hockey highlights tonight...

Cheers!

Wow, I wish I'd had gone home to watch the Wings. I forgot they played until I checked my phone for their schedule. They were down when I checked so I decided to stay at my parents' house and visit.

Looks like I'll have to watch FSN's Replay of the game.

Scrivens blew it, no argument from me there.

But I made that "ice" comment when the game was tied 2-2 (check the timestamp if you must), so I wasn't exactly looking for an excuse. I just don't think I've ever seen the puck bounce around quite so much, quite so ridiculously. For all I know or care, the Leafs could have received the net advantage from it. So while I'll assert that the ice was "a" problem, I'm not about to say that the ice was "the" problem... homer fail.

Yep. That ice made for a terrible game overall. And I said this to the wife while the game was 1-1, 2-2, whatever. Not really any nice goals save for that tip-in by Ottawa. Basically:
1. Direct bouncing puck to net
2. Crash with as many players as possible
3. Somehow knock puck in
4. Also knock goalie over
5. 2 points!

It appears they are still waiting for good hockey to arrive in Kanata.

2 games ago I watched the Wings win 4-0 in the standard tv in the bedroom. Yesterday I watched Vancouver tie it up 3-3 in the HD tv in the family room right before I gave up the TV to the wife for the Oscars crap. And went to the bedroom to watch the Wings score 5 goals...

I may have to watch every game in SD now!

Back