Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can we take Bob out now too?

Edit: also **** everyone at this game walking out. This is the playoffs I don't care what the score is.

Rangers goin back on the pp, 5.5 min left. Go cry Foligno, hahahah!!! Time to put em down.............

Let's GO RANGERS!!!!!

People were getting game misconducts for talking trash. I think the refs got their point across. At least for tonight.

Yup, said f*ck a bunch of times, finished my beer, and went to sleep. It's tiring being the only one talkin trash on the trash talk thread. Instead of being a stat-googling, self-proclaimed, hockey historian/know it all like most people on this thread.

Your team sucks!!!

Let's GO RANgERs!!!!!!!!

Northjerzyg said:
Yup, said f*ck a bunch of times, finished my beer, and went to sleep. It's tiring being the only one talkin trash on the trash talk thread. Instead of being a stat-googling, self-proclaimed, hockey historian/know it all like most people on this thread.

Your team sucks!!!

Let's GO RANgERs!!!!!!!!

Correction, you're the only one talking about the Rangers.

Since I post a lot about stats, I'll assume the was directed at me.

Coming from the fan of the #1 team who is tied with the #8 team...

Ignoring stats and history is ignoring reality.

Your randomly capitalized letters suck. And your Rangers and their inability to manhandle the 8 seed suck. And your predictions suck.

Happy with some trash talk?

Your team sucks!!!

Let's GO RANgERs!!!!!!!!

No ones talking about the Rangers because they are irrelevant. Everyone here knows they will eliminated by Ottowa or the next opponent, unless they get lucky and play Philadelphia next.

(2 for 1 zing.)

copyright1997 said:
No ones talking about the Rangers because they are irrelevant. Everyone here knows they will eliminated by Ottowa or the next opponent, unless they get lucky and play Philadelphia next.

(2 for 1 zing.)

Enjoy it while you can

The circus ends Friday! Ahaha, hopefully?

That's better. Come on ladies, lets step it up, its the playoffs.

Love how the #1 team in the east for 3/4 of the season is irrelevant.

Hey copyright, you gonna take kratzer out to see a movie when the playoffs are over??

We don't have the usual contingent of Det bandwagonners this playoff season. I guess they're afraid to post because their boys will likely be eliminated in the first round...

arturo7 said:
We don't have the usual contingent of Det bandwagonners this playoff season. I guess they're afraid to post because their boys will likely be eliminated in the first round...

They're not done yet

Hey copyright, you gonna take kratzer out to see a movie when the playoffs are over??

I will send him some Iron City. He can send me some Victory Prima Pils...seems like a fair trade to me!

Northjerzyg said:

The only reason they were first was their 6-0 record over my Flyers. A 3-3 split would have the Rangers and Flyers flipped in the standings. but those are stats and history and one of that makes any sense to Rags fans.

copyright1997 said:
I will send him some Iron City. He can send me some Victory Prima Pils...seems like a fair trade to me!

I'll take some Kronenbourg. A bar had it on draft the last time I was there. It's a French beer I drank a lot of the summer of 2000. That was far better than senior week in Maryland or New Jersey.

crosbystache.jpg

rjwhite41 said:
I bet Lou is on the trading block after this season.

He has 10yrs left on a 12 yr 64million contract with a no trade clause. So my understanding is he has the choice to decide if he wants to be traded.

Is there any teams willing to take a contract like that on? Especially one that Lou would consider playing for?

Lou has been on his game. Yes sure they lost 2 games with him in net but you can hardly blame him. Infact He was probably there best player on the ice!
The special teams where blowing it. That plus Quick has been unbelievable in the other end and not giving anything.

butthole

And I already called them getting ousted in the first round. They can't be beat by the Predators, but they are by Rinne.

Hmmm, the Nashville Pekkas, has a nice ring to it.

wildwest450 said:
butthole

And I already called them getting ousted in the first round. They can't be beat by the Predators, but they are by Rinne.

Sounds like a Bostonian pronunciation of the Peckers.

thedingo said:
He has 10yrs left on a 12 yr 64million contract with a no trade clause. So my understanding is he has the choice to decide if he wants to be traded.

Is there any teams willing to take a contract like that on? Especially one that Lou would consider playing for?

Lou has been on his game. Yes sure they lost 2 games with him in net but you can hardly blame him. Infact He was probably there best player on the ice!
The special teams where blowing it. That plus Quick has been unbelievable in the other end and not giving anything.

Ouch. They obviously don't have the faith in him that his contract implies, at least come playoff time, otherwise Schneider wouldn't be out there. Given his past history who can blame them. I'm sure someone else would take him and he'll go anywhere as long he doesn't have to watch from the bench.

wildwest450 said:
butthole

Without Rinne this series would have been over by now and the Wings would be getting rested for round 2. Woulda, coulda, shoulda's...

rjwhite41 said:
Ouch. They obviously don't have the faith in him that his contract implies, at least come playoff time, otherwise Schneider wouldn't be out there. Given his past history who can blame them. I'm sure someone else would take him and he'll go anywhere as long he doesn't have to watch from the bench.

The beauty of having 2 killer goalies. They have both played 2 games each it's not like Schneider started in game 1.
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Schneider in goal as he has been red hot all year and had some awesome winning streaks which is what they need right now!

Bryzgalov is on a pretty similar sized contract and he blew it last night! Maybe he should be traded aswell?

The beauty of having 2 killer goalies. They have both played 2 games each it's not like Schneider started in game 1.
I wouldn't be surprised if they kept Schneider in goal as he has been red hot all year and had some awesome winning streaks which is what they need right now!

Bryzgalov is on a pretty similar sized contract and he blew it last night! Maybe he should be traded aswell?

I agree having 2 great goalies is a good problem to have but you can't keep them both happy forever. I see Schneider is a RFA next year. The time to make a choice is coming soon. Looks like I'm not the only one thinking that way.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1150923-vancouver-canucks-is-cory-schneider-getting-the-call-foreshadowing-of-future"]bleacherreporthttp://bleacherreport.com/articles/1150923-vancouver-canucks-is-cory-schneider-getting-the-call-foreshadowing-of-future

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/blog?name=custance_craig&id=7831851&_slug_=2012-stanley-cup-playoffs-canucks-offseason-options-roberto-luongo&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnhl%2fblog%3fname%3dcustance_craig%26id%3d7831851%26_slug_%3d2012-stanley-cup-playoffs-canucks-offseason-options-roberto-luongo

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/04/19/canucks-made-their-choice-and-its-not-roberto-luongo/

rjwhite41 said:

Yep been the talk most of the season since Schneider became such a reliable backup.
I agree they will eventually have to choose but I think they have faith in Lou and will stick with him.
Plus Schneids is looking to be a very healthy trade and could possibly bring the nucks what they need.
Still Don't think it will happen before next season though.

The playoffs are not about your season. The playoffs aren't about your standings. This is called the second season for a fukn good reason! This is the time when heart, grit, puck control, grit, special teams, grit, spectacular saves, and especially grit are what matters. That and a killer beard! The Rangers had a s*hit record against Ottawa all year. Its exactly who we didn't want to face. Our game styles just don't match up well for us. We will make a good showing at MSG. The first shift will show whether the Rangers have showed up to win or not. Our power play is working. Hagelan will play again this year.
Ottawa is a good team. And I hate them.
Go Rangers!

Latest posts

Back