Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone still watch hockey here? ;)

Blues at Bruins tonight on national broadcast was a good'un, solid effort by both teams but Boston and their top-rated D had the force in their favor and Rask played a heads-up game.

If the Bruins can up their offense to match the D they're going to be really strong through the season. Might even bump into the Blues at the end again...

Cheers!

Great game indeed. 3-0 final score actually a bit misleading. Very easily could have been 2-1 or even 3-2 in OT if a few close plays had gone differently.

Both teams put out great efforts. Bruins had a few more pucks go their ways.

Anyone still watch hockey here? ;)

Blues at Bruins tonight on national broadcast was a good'un, solid effort by both teams but Boston and their top-rated D had the force in their favor and Rask played a heads-up game.

If the Bruins can up their offense to match the D they're going to be really strong through the season. Might even bump into the Blues at the end again...

Cheers!

Just got back from game.

Leafs looking decidedly pedestrian. Like they've been since January.

At least all the contract nonsense is sorted out for now.

That's always upsetting. I don't mind rough sports, but I hate seeing players get hurt, especially when it can be serious.
We were talking at work yesterday about the 2013 femoral slice, and the loooong time back (90s or early 00s?) jugular slice. They were both lucky to survive.

We go last minute tickets to the Caps/Sabres last night. That was fun. Good (and pricey) seats too.

There was another in 89. Carotid, not jugular. Or maybe both. Either way, skate slices to the neck.
Clint Malarchuk, goalie for the Sabres. I'm shocked he survived. I think he was as well.

The other two really gruesome ones I recall off the top of my head are Mark Howe, and Borje Salming.

Clint Malarchuk, goalie for the Sabres. I'm shocked he survived. I think he was as well.

The other two really gruesome ones I recall off the top of my head are Mark Howe, and Borje Salming.
I don't remember the Malarchuk one. Before I started following hockey. But I did read he went into treatment for PTSD after watching the 2008 similar incident and getting brought back to it. Also read it didn't take him all that long (weeks I think) to go back to playing.

This gave me the Willie's when they first did this show. One reconstruction likened it to cutting a bag of water. He was saved by a medic sticking his finger into the wound

This gave me the Willie's when they first did this show. One reconstruction likened it to cutting a bag of water. He was saved by a medic sticking his finger into the wound

Recently went through an emergency first aid training where they talked about sticking fingers into wounds to stop bleeding. I guess last stop before tourniquet (as that'll save a life but probably lose the extremity involved). But can't do that with the neck for obvious reasons.

I have a co-worker who refuses to attempt to ice skate. Fears falling and having someone slice his fingers off with their skate. Not a wholly irrational fear.

I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often.

Caps/Flames tonight Ovi took a deflected puck to the ear (shook it off and was fine), and Locker was talking about having his ear split in half that way back in the day.

I love that everyone pissing and moaning about Hathaway spitting on Gudbranson conveniently omit the fact that Gudbranson was sucker punching Hathaway in the head while he was restrained by the ref.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Leafs gotta start turning this season around. Too much talent to be this bad.
... aaaaand Babcock just got canned. Sheldon Keefe gets called up from the Marlies and will take over as head coach.

Okay players. Your move.

Bruins - Habs is a game I'd hope they'd beat the stuffing out of each other in a scoreless tie.

Classy move by Ottawa with their first period Chara video tribute.
Gotta love it that Chara then scored the game winning goal breaking their 5 game home winning streak :D

Cheers! (no good deed goes unpunished ;))

Gotta give full credit to Bernier tonight. Was supposed to start, but got hit with a bad bug. Was technically the backup, but didn't dress... was basically lying the in the room on an IV. Howard pulls the ol' groin in the non-pleasurable way partway through the first down 3-0. They have to delay the game for Bernier to get dressed. He comes in, proceeds to get absolutely bombarded by the Leafs... 40 shots in a little over 2 periods. Is back on the drip during intermissions. Manages a .925 SV% (37-40) despite being sick as a dog and coming in cold.

Leafs still win 6-0, but kudos to Bernier for gutting it out.

[gotta put the defib pads on this thread and hit the red button! :D]

How 'Bout Them Bruins!

n0kstYMs_400x400.jpg

OT win at Ottawa tonight on a sweet feed by Krejci up the middle to Pastrnak.

Cheers!

Toronto has to figure this out quickly. They play like they don't care, Freddie has lost his swagger, the vaunted offense has dried up, and the less said about the blue line, the better.

Leafs weathered the first against the Pens, but boy howdy, are the Blue & White flying in the second!

Latest posts

Back