Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toronto up 2-0 on Boston halfway through the game?! In my wildest expectations did I not see Toronto beating Boston in 2 back to back games.

But like I said, it's only halfway through the game. Toronto is pretty much unparalleled in the art of blowing a lead.

Huh. I thought for sure TB would wait until 6 games into next season to fire Boucher. This article lists some reasons for his firing but, honestly, you could pin some of that on Yzerman making a bad trade or injuries which Boucher had no control over.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=661853&navid=nhl:topheads

Took me by surprise too, and I agree about Yzerman.

^ Aaaaand they did. Looks like shoot-out time tonite.

The Bs have been lethargic since that 5 games in 7 day stretch earlier this month. I think they're still gassed...

Cheers!

[edit] But we'll still take the two points! ;)

^ Aaaaand they did. Looks like shoot-out time tonite.

The Bs have been lethargic since that 5 games in 7 day stretch earlier this month. I think they're still gassed...

Cheers!

[edit] But we'll still take the two points! ;)

Yeah, I called it. :)

The Leafs have only ONE player who can apparently score in a shootout. Literally the only Leaf who has scored all season (3 out of 4 attempts). And we'll almost certainly lose him to FA.

But the Leafs take 3 points against the B's in these last 2 games... it's hard to be disappointed.

And we'll almost certainly lose him to FA.

Why's that?

Bozak seems to like it here, plus where else would he get first-line minutes? He's helping bring Toronto back to the realm of respectability, and should see his first ever playoff action this spring. Once he gets a taste of a playoff-crazy Toronto, he won't want to leave. The ACC will be rockin' once again :rockin:

If Nonis wants to keep him, he will keep him.

Pretty sure this will be my last cut at the Philadelphia cryers this year as their team has no relevance this year... they suck!! Anyways, they pens win streak has now equaled the total number of wins they have all season.

Flyers = Depressing. I have watched every game and this dump and chase **** has got to stop. It is obvious that it doesn't work against most teams (all teams i should say).

~ depressed flyers fan.

Flyers = Depressing. I have watched every game and this dump and chase **** has got to stop. It is obvious that it doesn't work against most teams (all teams i should say).

~ depressed flyers fan.

As a hockey fan I love than you are suffering!!!

As a fellow brewer: My condolences

Big win by the Leafs tonight. Some tired legs were overcome by some solid goaltending, great play by Lupul, and a great slapper by Mr. Overrated himself, Dion Phaneuf.

I still can't believe Lupul was the cap space penalty for trading for Gardiner.

Nice win by the oil over a team NOT in last place

Looks like the 'bulin wall still has some life left in him!

West is tight - would actually enjoy seeing the Oilers scrape in to 8th spot somehow. Lots of teams between them and playoffs though. If I continue to say how terrible they are, they should turn things around - life has a way of contradicting the stupid things I say.

I was surprised by the shutout, thought Bulin was washed up but hes actually having a good(not great) season. only 2 points out of 8th so may make it yet.

Edmonton, philly and anaheim fans are surprised by Lupul. When he was playing for them he was always a huge underachiever, so much that I think most teams in the league had written him off as a bust.

~ depressed flyers fan.

thats what they get for all the booing from the fans during the Canadian anthem and all the racist crap you could hear fans yelling. depressing.

I was surprised by the shutout, thought Bulin was washed up but hes actually having a good(not great) season. only 2 points out of 8th so may make it yet.

Edmonton, philly and anaheim fans are surprised by Lupul. When he was playing for them he was always a huge underachiever, so much that I think most teams in the league had written him off as a bust.

I don't even think Brian Burke knew how good he'd be. Remember, Lupul was the cap penalty the Leafs had to take back in order to get Gardiner. Crazy trade - but Anaheim is also happy with Beauchemin who is thriving there, and was crap here. I like when trades work out well for both sides.

20130328136443849717552.gif

penguins looking like the team to beat now

... has been the standard line for over half a decade.

I knew Pittsburgh was supposed to be where he was most likely to end up, but seriously, how do the Pens have the cap space for yet another superstar?!

... has been the standard line for over half a decade.

I knew Pittsburgh was supposed to be where he was most likely to end up, but seriously, how do the Pens have the cap space for yet another superstar?!

Since there's only 14 games left or so, Iggy's cap hit for the Pens is only like $1.2M.

Steep price for a rental player of his age. Should be interesting to watch.

Since there's only 14 games left or so, Iggy's cap hit for the Pens is only like $1.2M.

And with Letang on injured reserve with a broken foot his salary does not count against the cap.
Iggy is a player you have to see everyday to truly appreciate. His scoring is in decline over the last couple years but he does a lot of things that do not show up on the stat sheet, probably one of the top all around players in the game

Well, that was a bizarre game... thought Toronto had blown it again.

That makes 2 games in a row without a point for Kadri. :( Definitely a game dominated by the top lines though.

Latest posts

Back