Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with Montoya? He's going to get hurt. Twice he's grabbed a Flyer trying to get around the net to the puck. Never seen a goaltender stick an arm out like he is. See the stick regularly, but that's a good way to get a hyper-extended elbow.

I wonder if the crowd is getting to Montoya. I'm not sure he's actually ever played at home with a crowd this loud. He's excited, he's taking chances.

I've never been a huge Bryz fan, but he's playing well tonight, dammit!

That was a pretty exciting last couple of minutes in regulation. I've never seen a team score two goals with the goalie pulled!

One more goal!

Cheers!

Same thing just happened with Tampa. Absolutely unreal comeback all in the last 5 minutes from a 3-0 deficit to the habs. Hope they win it in OT!

Same thing just happened with Tampa. Absolutely unreal comeback all in the last 5 minutes from a 3-0 deficit to the habs. Hope they win it in OT!

We weren't that lucky, lost in the shootout.

Still, down 3-zip halfway through the third yet grab a point is better than a sharp stick in the eye ;)

Cheers!

Lightning just killed a lousy OT penalty and are taking it to the shootout. Would love to see the Habs extend their losing streak after having an all-but-guaranteed W.

Glad I decided to randomly catch this game. :D

I wonder if the crowd is getting to Montoya. I'm not sure he's actually ever played at home with a crowd this loud. He's excited, he's taking chances.

I've never been a huge Bryz fan, but he's playing well tonight, dammit!

He's been the main reason the Flyers aren't 0-everything. Except for last night, but he didn't get any help either.

Like Pittsburgh? Oh, wait.

Glad to hear you admit the Flyers suck.

We'll see. Everyone knows Toronto excels at blowing themselves up at some point.

I know it's been a long, long time, but do you remember who ended the Leafs last two trips to the playoffs? Yup, the Flyers. All the way back to the last two seasons before the lockout. Not the last one, but two lockouts ago.

:mug:

I would love to see a Toronto/Philly playoff series. They were awesome...ah, memories from my youth. And the Flyers are 5-1 all time in the playoffs against the Leafs.

Victor Hedman (5 goals in all of last year, 7 in the prior 2 combined) scored the first two goals of the Tampa comeback, so Guy Boucher apparently made the decision (big mistake, IMO) of rewarding him with the first shootout attempt. Neither Stamkos nor Martin St. Louis were able were to make up for it either, resulting in a single-goal shootout loss to a goalie who, despite undeniably being one of the better goalies in the leagues, is apparently worse than .500 in shootouts. Such a glorious comeback for little more than a single point and the honor of still being called the loser. :cross:

We'll see. Everyone knows Toronto excels at blowing themselves up at some point.

I know it's been a long, long time, but do you remember who ended the Leafs last two trips to the playoffs? Yup, the Flyers. All the way back to the last two seasons before the lockout. Not the last one, but two lockouts ago.

Hehehe. Still just a tad little butthurt, I see. :fro:

But yeah, despite making the playoffs the year immediately preceding that lockout nearly a decade ago, Toronto is literally the ONLY team that has NEVER made it since. As I said earlier, I'm feeling particularly good about the Leafs' playoff chances this year, and especially given that they were the only actual such team, it would really be just damn near poetic for that playoff-less streak that began with a lockout, to be ended with a lockout.

But I am, of course, aware that "poetry" has absolutely no bearing on actual NHL results. Us Torontonians/Leafs fans aren't asking for all that much, though. We're not demanding the legendary vessel referred to as Lord Stanley's Cup, nor the Presidents' Trophy; neither conference championship nor even a division title. All we really want is to be just one among the freaking *MAJORITY* of teams that get to play even just a couple extra games after the end of the regular season, and the entire city - nay, most of the province, even - will in all likelihood experience one massive collective orgasm. Would be more than fine even just nabbing 8th seed and then done in 4. Being the very centre OF THE VERY CENTRE of the hockey universe and all, it truly does not amount to asking much; really, little more than begging for that most stale of crusts that just happens to get thrown out with all the other scraps from this veritable 200-day(-ish) long feast known to us as the National ****ing Hockey League. Please and thanks. :eek:

We weren't that lucky, lost in the shootout.

Still, down 3-zip halfway through the third yet grab a point is better than a sharp stick in the eye ;)

Cheers!

And scored two goals with the goalie pulled..Are you kiddin me, that never really happens...I'm not into moral victories, but I think that was one..

Nah, not butt hurt. Flyers didn't deserve to be on the same ice on Monday, they weren't good in really any situation other than the first shift. Had all the chances they needed and didn't do their jobs.

I just like to remind folks who like to busy balls of the reality of the situation. Current affairs certainly carry more weight than overall history, but as you put it, Toronto is in a league by itself when it comes to failures in recent history, being the only team not to make the playoffs between the lockouts and it's just fitting the my Flyers ended their last two trips.

I really enjoyed the Flyers/Leafs series way back when. The rivalry was pretty intense just because of the playoff series and the drama in the one series with Kapanen and Roenick.

I'd love to see the Leafs back in the playoffs. The games are intense and it's good for hockey when the big Canadian markets are in. It's a catch 22 because the small US markets that usually are in when the Leafs are out then don't play and we're back to the parity talks at the NHL office.

Nah, not butt hurt. Flyers didn't deserve to be on the same ice on Monday, they weren't good in really any situation other than the first shift. Had all the chances they needed and didn't do their jobs.

I just like to remind folks who like to busy balls of the reality of the situation. Current affairs certainly carry more weight than overall history, but as you put it, Toronto is in a league by itself when it comes to failures in recent history, being the only team not to make the playoffs between the lockouts and it's just fitting the my Flyers ended their last two trips.

I really enjoyed the Flyers/Leafs series way back when. The rivalry was pretty intense just because of the playoff series and the drama in the one series with Kapanen and Roenick.

I'd love to see the Leafs back in the playoffs. The games are intense and it's good for hockey when the big Canadian markets are in. It's a catch 22 because the small US markets that usually are in when the Leafs are out then don't play and we're back to the parity talks at the NHL office.

The Flyers didn't beat the Leafs in those series. It was Jeremy Roenick. That guy single-handedly put Toronto out on their ass. Seems once Tucker smashed him behind the net and he couldn't friggin stand up for a few minutes, he got a fire lit under his ass and decided Toronto wasn't going to continue.

I remember 1998 playoffs though - good run that year. Toronto made quick work of Philly, then went on to the conference finals but lost to Hasek. I got my game nights mixed up and ended up watching an entire game in a department store with my buddy. Good times. At least, I think that's how it played out. Hard to remember that far back!

Oh, how I miss spring hockey. Keep up the Leafs-trashing though. It simply makes the nectar of eventual victory all the more sweeter.

Is this the same reality that guaranteed the Flyers smashing the Leafs on monday? Because I think it was the other way around. I enjoyed that reality. :)

Or the reality of impending doom all that much more painful.

Not really, we're all expecting it.

"Hey Paulie, the Leafs are up by X goals!!"
"Relax man, we all know if there's one team that can blow a X-goal lead in the 3rd, it's this one"
"True, true"

If I had a dollar for every time I had that conversation, well I'd proabbly have like 50 bucks.

Not really, we're all expecting it.

"Hey Paulie, the Leafs are up by X goals!!"
"Relax man, we all know if there's one team that can blow a X-goal lead in the 3rd, it's this one"
"True, true"

If I had a dollar for every time I had that conversation, well I'd proabbly have like 50 bucks.

Ha. That is unfortunately all-too-painfully true. If there's one thing the Leafs have taught me in the past decade or so, it's that there's no such thing as a "comfortable lead"!

SC20120718-191741.jpeg

****ty deal, Karlsson out for the year with a lacerated achilles tendon. Hope the kid doesn't have any lasting effects.

****ing Matt Cooke. Although likely unintentional, should still have his face punched in.

I hate the penguins so much.

Rubes said:
Is this the same reality that guaranteed the Flyers smashing the Leafs on monday? Because I think it was the other way around. I enjoyed that reality. :)

I never guaranteed anything other than something was going to happen for one of the teams that were both awful. Toronto was awful at home, Philly was terrible on the road. One of those trends was likely to be busted. Toronto did that in a convincing fashion. Then the Flyers play a complete game and win the next night in Winnipeg. Go figure.

Fully expecting Toronto to lose tonight. Not just because of Reimer, but other key injuries as well (eg Frattin, and Lupul... still).

I find it kind of amusing that Reimer's injury is listed as a "Mildly strained" MCL. Not sure I've seen that before!

Guess things could be worse though. No sympathy for Ottawa (especially with their recent "efforts" to keep Leafs fans away), but you really gotta feel bad for Karlsson. He seems like a really good kid, and an up-and-coming superstar out for a season sucks enough, but that's the kind of injury that can haunt players for their entire career.

Fully expecting Toronto to lose tonight. Not just because of Reimer, but other key injuries as well (eg Frattin, and Lupul... still).

I find it kind of amusing that Reimer's injury is listed as a "Mildly strained" MCL. Not sure I've seen that before!

Guess things could be worse though. No sympathy for Ottawa (especially with their recent "efforts" to keep Leafs fans away), but you really gotta feel bad for Karlsson. He seems like a really good kid, and an up-and-coming superstar out for a season sucks enough, but that's the kind of injury that can haunt players for their entire career.

**** Karlsson, and **** the Sens. That place is going to be HILARIOUS next Saturday when it's full of Leafs fans. What the hell were they thinking?!!

The Leafs will lose tonight, simply because it is impossible for this team to win 5 games in a row. They will play well but in the end will still lose. You'll see!

****ty deal, Karlsson out for the year with a lacerated achilles tendon. Hope the kid doesn't have any lasting effects.

****ing Matt Cooke. Although likely unintentional, should still have his face punched in.

I hate the penguins so much.

It's a contact sport with Sharp blades on everyone's feet, accidents happen. The nhl network color analysts do bring up a very good point though, why wasn't we wearing the cut resistant socks and guards.

Rangers off to an early lead. P**sy move by Boulton but Asham looks like an old timer, lol.

Any Islanders fans out there, lol..............

Northjerzyg said:
Rangers off to an early lead. P**sy move by Boulton but Asham looks like an old timer, lol.

Any Islanders fans out there, lol..............

Stupid question, next question. There haven't been islanders fans since Yashin and Rick Double Penetration were signed to contracts longer than the average mortgage.

And when they made their backup goalie the GM.

That entire place is a mess.

Stupid question, next question. There haven't been islanders fans since Yashin and Rick Double Penetration were signed to contracts longer than the average mortgage.

And when they made their backup goalie the GM.

That entire place is a mess.

Well you have to know your franchise is bad, when players refuse to come back in to the country and report for camp...

Am I wrong, or is Buffalo's Miller a really good goalie??

Bruin's in classic white roadies tonight. Much better than the black PJs they wore last game (wtf was up with that, anyway?)

Aaaaaaaanyway...

Cheers!

Am I wrong, or is Buffalo's Miller a really good goalie??

Bruin's in classic white roadies tonight. Much better than the black PJs they wore last game (wtf was up with that, anyway?)

Aaaaaaaanyway...

Cheers!

Well he is the team USA starting goalie.. I mean he's okay.

Back