Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bah... Penalties by the winning team in the last couple minutes bug me. The losing team can pull their goalie, but the PK can just whack the puck out towards the other net without any worries. Seeing it a lot lately, and it's definitely sometimes an advantage.

Loved the Kings V Ducks game last night! The passion was unmistakable. As a plus anytime there is a hat trick you know it is going to be a great game!

Meh... I ended up watching the history of strategic air command on modern marvels instead. Was going back and forth from the kitchen to the living room making a starter at the same time... But I did watch two goals worth of the Colorado game though

Meh... I ended up watching the history of strategic air command on modern marvels instead. Was going back and forth from the kitchen to the living room making a starter at the same time... But I did watch two goals worth of the Colorado game though

Colorado has a team? Haha

For the past 20 years at least, the Leafs have never put forth a good effort against the crappier NHL teams. They should have plenty of energy for tonight's game at least...

Well the Rangers are playing the Devils... I bet the Rangers are gonna lose. Not that I want them to, but I just dont think they have it together yet.

However, I will be able to watch the Tampa game. Hopefully that is interesting.

Crombeen just got the taste punched out of his mouth by Rinaldo. Probably has a concussion from that fight. I'm sure it will be on YouTube or Hockey Fights before the night is over.

Anyone else think Coburn looks like he could walk onto the "set" of the Simpsons? His face/mouth are just weird, especially that stupid look on his face on the way to the penalty box.

Red Wings are down 2-0 against Calgary? Damn. One of my coworkers told me the score and said "well, I think I'm done watching the Red Wings this season. I'm just gonna start watching figure skating."

Crombeen just got the taste punched out of his mouth by Rinaldo. Probably has a concussion from that fight. I'm sure it will be on YouTube or Hockey Fights before the night is over.

Yea... Crombeen is the poster boy for Advil **EDIT, EXCEDRIN** for the next couple days...

Watching an otherwise meaningless game to me (Philly/TB) I just realized how much I love hockey in HD. It truly is amazing!

I can still remember trying to pick the puck out of the snow during the first b&w hockey telecasts.

Yup. Lovin' it...

Cheers!

Sestito doubles his career goal total tonight. Had 2 goals in 9 games with Columbus in the 2010-2011 season. Never before, never after...until tonight.

Saw him on the available players list in fantasy last night and his projected season total on goals was 0.7, and he scores two the next time the team plays. Unreal.

This is the second time what, a week, that refs have made calls like this that changed the outcome of a game and was subsequently rescinded. This is getting bad. Direct impact on the income of the game is unacceptable.

5 min match penalty for a clean shoulder hit. Refs are retarded

Abdelkader got a nice elbow to the head the other night and I'm not sure there was even a penalty. And it was a clear elbow to the head. Couple of games before that Wings got a power play on an elbow to the head that replay clearly shows was not.

This is the second time what, a week, that refs have made calls like this that changed the outcome of a game and was subsequently rescinded. This is getting bad. Direct impact on the income of the game is unacceptable.

I know, and it's not like we don't have the technology to get some of these calls right. I'm not saying stop the game and check replay for every gray area minor penalty but if the refs are going to asses a match penalty based on what the linesman thought he saw, maybe they should double check what the camera saw

Abdelkader got a nice elbow to the head the other night and I'm not sure there was even a penalty. And it was a clear elbow to the head. Couple of games before that Wings got a power play on an elbow to the head that replay clearly shows was not.

And how about this one that went unpenalized? 8 seconds in and the Caps fans booed, classless dirtbags, because they figured Simmonds was faking injury. I was there and the comments by Caps fans lead me to believe Obama is the only guy they like. I realize he got a 3 game suspension, but that doesn't give the Flyers their shot on the power play to impact that game. Same with these blown calls that have changed the outcomes of games by awarding power plays that shouldn't have been awarded. What's amazing is the officials got together, as stated in the video, and did nothing as far as a call. A guys face doesn't start bleeding on his own, let alone the concussion diagnosis, and they still don't make any call whatsoever.

[ame]http://youtu.be/C7Gjy61B9m4[/ame]

I know, and it's not like we don't have the technology to get some of these calls right. I'm not saying stop the game and check replay for every gray area minor penalty but if the refs are going to asses a match penalty based on what the linesman thought he saw, maybe they should double check what the camera saw

A quick check or confirmation from the war room on some of these stupid penalties would be great. They have the diving and unsportsmanlike conduct calls, so enforce them, and do it more often for the guys who act like they took a stick high and it never touched them, or for the guy who grabs an opponent's stick and tucks it into his body or under his arm. All of this acting crap needs to be erradicated from the game and it will only happen when officials stop taking the bait on 90%+ of the infractions.

Simmonds got booed by Caps fans because of the assumption that he was faking injury, even though there was clearly an elbow to the face. This is what happens when every time a stick, glove, etc gets anywhere near the face or head, you see people drop like they've been shot trying to draw a penalty. If the acting was out and peope were only on the ice when they were truly hurt, you wouldn't see the booing any time there is an injury.

You all need to calm down. Bad calls go both ways over an 82 -er, 48 game season. Put your panties back on and get ready for the next game, ladies.

paulster2626 said:
You all need to calm down. Bad calls go both ways over an 82 -er, 48 game season. Put your panties back on and get ready for the next game, ladies.

Ok. It's several times here in the last week that have had direct impact on the outcomes of the games. That's not acceptable when we have replay. When every single goal is replayed, these match and major penalties should be looked at.

Bruins Habs tonight looking forward to it.

On an unrelated note. NY fans should be embarassed that those in attendance cheered at Crosby's injury and followed it up with Crosby sucks chants.

Ok. It's several times here in the last week that have had direct impact on the outcomes of the games. That's not acceptable when we have replay. When every single goal is replayed, these match and major penalties should be looked at.

Yup. Wings got a nice PP out of the penalty they should not have gotten the other day and scored, basically changing the outcome of the game. I'm not sure if I want play to stop for every one of these calls. Usually the ref gets it right (had a bad string lately) and the front office will STILL give punishment if they see a bad hit, albeit after the game.

Homercidal said:
Yup. Wings got a nice PP out of the penalty they should not have gotten the other day and scored, basically changing the outcome of the game. I'm not sure if I want play to stop for every one of these calls. Usually the ref gets it right (had a bad string lately) and the front office will STILL give punishment if they see a bad hit, albeit after the game.

If they're looking at all the goals, a quick look, especially when there is injury or a match/major is handed out by the on ice crew, no reason those couldn't be looked at briefly by the war room. Penalties in the NFL are almost always discussed by the crew and not called by a single person. How often is the call made by the official in at center ice on a play in the corner, half the rink away, and wrong?

The calls vein discussed here, the head shots that were or weren't, that were called wrong, or the blatant elbow to Simmonds head which required attention on the ice and to stop the bleeding...all had time to get the call right on a replay.

I'm not saying check every holding of the stick, tripping, or hooking call, but for all the emphasis put on head shots and the severity of the punishment usually involved, like a major or match penalty, get those right. A 5 minute power play is over 8% of a regulation game. Getting that call wrong is unacceptable.

Zac Rinaldo was mic'd up when he pommeled BJ Crombeen. Google should be able to find it for you. Pretty good

Back