Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't agree more. Thomas didn't even say Obama was dumb, or a liar. He just said he didn't want to go to the white house. Shouldn't matter what party, why would that be a bad thing? Really a big deal about nothing.

He didn't mention party, only that he was unhappy with our Govt..

All you flyers fans should be rejoicing after coach bylsma announced that sob Fluery is going to be in net tomorrow. Not saying the pens have been playing well in the least bit, but at they have at least scored enough goals each game to win in an average game. They are just embarrassing themselves this series

All you flyers fans should be rejoicing after coach bylsma announced that sob Fluery is going to be in net tomorrow. Not saying the pens have been playing well in the least bit, but at they have at least scored enough goals each game to win in an average game. They are just embarrassing themselves this series

How would you not ride your #1 in an elimination game? Fleury has been ugly, been not solely responsible for the mess the Pens are in. Thank Crosby (idiocy), Kunitz (stupid penalties), Malkin (no goals), etc for this.

I'm didnt mean to sound like im laying the blame on Fluery alone (as the hole team has been playing like a bunch of a holes) but even with a crappy team in front of a him, his save percentage is terrible. I know johnsons stats don't look too great either right now but I'd still feel more comfortable with him in net. I think he is more consistent. Fluery does great one day and give up 5 or 7 the next

Bryzgalov and Fleury have both been horrible, so it's really just the rest of the Pens team to blame for them losing.

Bryzgalov and Fleury have both been horrible, so it's really just the rest of the Pens team to blame for them losing.

I think a huge portion of this falls on Letang. He's been god awful, best thing he's done all series was get himself and timonen ejected from game 3.

dead_penguin.jpg

copyright1997 said:
You really need some other hobbies, as you are obsessing on Crosby. May I suggest brewing?

Well played, but I have a question. How many kegs do you have?

Judging by your signature, 27?

Well played, but I have a question. How many kegs do you have?

Judging by your signature, 27?

Thanks for asking. Given this is the hockey thread:
Begin :off:

I have 11 corny kegs, always looking for more. I have 1 plastic bucket and 5 glass carboys which I use as primaries. I usually don't secondary, but instead condition in a keg. (I will do a secondary for a fruit beer, etc.) I have a converted refrigerator (which just broke, uggh) and a ge 7.0 cu ft. keezer which I have yet to put a collar on. So, I could keep 4 + 3 = 7 kegs chilled, but now down to 4 possible since the converted refrigerator compressor keeps cycling on and off every minute. I also have another refrigerator which I moved to the basement when I got a new fridge last year. I currently use this for a fermentation chamber (heat it in winter).

At the moment, I have in my keezer:
keg 1 - soda water!
keg 2 - Pilsner (lager)
keg 3 - just carbonated shandy
keg 4 - Lakefront IPA (carbonating)

Still in primaries, but all ready to keg as soon as I get off my lazy a*s:
Golden Nugget (a session toned down version of Nugget Nectar)
Sculpan Ballast Point IPA
Kabe's Secret APA

I also go from keg to bottle to save some as I have limited keezer space. So, for instance I've had the Pilsner on tap for a while...may try to bottle the rest of it to make room for the Golden Nugget.

I wanted to brew today but had to work and then work on my *&#@ taxes.

End :off:

copyright1997 said:

I have 11 corny kegs, always looking for more. I have 1 plastic bucket and 5 glass carboys

300# of grain in basement

And I get sh*t from the SWMBO for having 4 buckets and a carboy.

You really need some other hobbies, as you are obsessing on Crosby. May I suggest brewing?

Dude, I said my sister in law sent it to me...just a repost.

I have 11 corny kegs, always looking for more. I have 1 plastic bucket and 5 glass carboys which I use as primaries. I usually don't secondary, but instead condition in a keg. (I will do a secondary for a fruit beer, etc.) I have a converted refrigerator (which just broke, uggh) and a ge 7.0 cu ft. keezer which I have yet to put a collar on. So, I could keep 4 + 3 = 7 kegs chilled, but now down to 4 possible since the converted refrigerator compressor keeps cycling on and off every minute. I also have another refrigerator which I moved to the basement when I got a new fridge last year. I currently use this for a fermentation chamber (heat it in winter).

At the moment, I have in my keezer:
keg 1 - soda water!
keg 2 - Pilsner (lager)
keg 3 - just carbonated shandy
keg 4 - Lakefront IPA (carbonating)

Still in primaries, but all ready to keg as soon as I get off my lazy a*s:
Golden Nugget (a session toned down version of Nugget Nectar)
Sculpan Ballast Point IPA
Kabe's Secret APA

I also go from keg to bottle to save some as I have limited keezer space. So, for instance I've had the Pilsner on tap for a while...may try to bottle the rest of it to make room for the Golden Nugget.

I wanted to brew today but had to work and then work on my *&#@ taxes.

I have 14 ball locks, a side-by-side that's going to become a fermenation chamber, a vintage GE fridge that's going to become a three tapper with Perlicks (got two of three), and my Brew Magic that's under construction to go all electric.

I also have my motorcyle. I have a Jeep I've loved for years that I'm selling after finishing a few things on it last night. The diesel truck pulls, tows, and hauls way more and gets better mileage than the Jeep.

Then there's reloading...I have a .260 Remington I put three rounds at 100 yards into 0.174"...that's less than 3/16" of an inch, or smaller than a deer's eye. Bring on deer season. Also have the bow and my wife and I both enjoy shooting those.

And I have some remodeling to do in preparation of child 2, a boy due at the end of July.

Uh... Back to your regularly scheduled program. Lundquist had a he'll of a game yesterday, and I couldn't have scripted a more perfect win. Boyle gets boos the entire game and gets the game- winning only goal in a hard fought and clean game!!!
Anybody else see Tortorella blow his top when Callahan got his slashing penalty??? Hilarious.
Go Rangers!!!

I also have my motorcyle. I have a Jeep I've loved for years that I'm selling after finishing a few things on it last night.

No motorcycle (had one a long, long time ago and still have my motorcycle license), but do have a 94 Camaro (crappy picture alert, was taken at night). The car (z-28, 350 small block V-8, same engine as 94 Vette) , 6 speed manual transmission, t-tops (all original options except for leather), and has less than 30k miles on it.

I would like to get a truck (preferably a diesel to be able to haul a medium sized travel trailer). Any recommendations?

camaro.jpg

i'm pretty sure that shooting your wife may impact your marriage in a negative way

That didn't come out right. I'm sure you're all tracking that we both have bows and enjoy shooting together.

No motorcycle (had one a long, long time ago and still have my motorcycle license), but do have a 94 Camaro (crappy picture alert, was taken at night). The car (z-28, 350 small block V-8, same engine as 94 Vette) , 6 speed manual transmission, t-tops (all original options except for leather), and has less than 30k miles on it.

I would like to get a truck (preferably a diesel to be able to haul a medium sized travel trailer). Any recommendations?

My Jeep is a 96 Cherokee 5 speed with almost 240,000 miles on the 4.0.

My bike is a Suzuki SV650 naked bike. I love the torque of the twin and the upright riding position of the naked bike compared to something like the crotch rocket racing style bikes. I'd love to put a cruiser in the garage as well to give the wife a more comfortable seat.

Depends on how big you want to go...I'm a Cummins fan, but the current towing champ, I believe two years in a row, is the GMC 3500 dually...if you want to be able to move 30,000 lbs down the road between truck and trailer.

If you have a family, the Dodge Mega Cabs are awesome...the rear seats recline and with a short bed, you can still have a reasonable length and put a gooseneck or 5th wheel in it.

What size trailer are you towing? My factory bumper hitch is rated to 10k.

Wow...Hossa almost got killed. This has to be a response to Shaw's hit on Mike Smith.

This has to draw a massive suspension...late, hit to the head, left his feet. It's another textbook hit that probably will draw a one game suspension. No penalty even called on the play.

4 games for Asham, 1 game for Neal.

After the Hossa hit, Neal's looked like a love-tap.

Shanny is getting busier and busier.

Edit: I guess players (including those on my team) should be happy I'm not the one running the department of player safety. I think Neal should have gotten at least a game for each of the two incidents, and Asham a 10 game suspension. (Although a factor in his case seemed to be the fact he had never been warned/fined/suspended in his 13 year career.) My comment above about Hossa is an attempt to make humor.

I actually think the only way to stop this is if players are assessed much higher suspensions, e.g. 20 games, 30 games, etc.

Back