epic beer cap bar top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewinDuluth

Reaction score
After saving beer caps for three years for just this purpose, I've finally completed the project I've dreamed of doing all along. Started with a base of 'earth' colored tile grout to somewhat match the wood. Finished the grout 2 feet at a time and pushed the caps in after to not allow the grout to set up too much. Let the grout set and then poured enviro-tex 2-part resin over (took 2x 1 gallon kits to finish). It has only been 24 hours but it's looking perfect so far. Only had 2 floater caps with the grout base.:ban:
It took ~ 3800 caps
bar031.jpg

bar040.jpg

bar044.jpg

Ah, good! Would hate to have built that sweet bar then get down the road and realize you want to install a tower!

Ah, good! Would hate to have built that sweet bar then get down the road and realize you want to install a tower!

The finished bar room shares a wall with my brew room so the pass through was piece of cake:mug: Built this whole thing within the last week so I'm obviously pumped up right now

from 1 to duluthian to another.. wow that looks great.

I was in hayward wi 2 weeks ago and went to RayJays bar/pizza. They had an epoxy bar the likes of which i have never seen. Wood fish decoys set in river rock type gravel. It was about 4" deep and maybe 25' in length. The owner was there BSing with us and said it took 28 gallons of epoxy.

Mike in Duluth

unbelievably sexy! Did you have to polish it afterward, or were you able to keep dust and crap out of it while it was drying? Any problems with air bubbles?

unbelievably sexy! Did you have to polish it afterward, or were you able to keep dust and crap out of it while it was drying? Any problems with air bubbles?

We have an air filter that we ran overtime downstairs before starting so it's pretty much dust free. After pouring the resin you have to run a small propane torch over the surface to get the air bubbles to rise out. It probably 30 minutes of torching to get it all clear. Otherwise no other polishing required.

I've got a big collection of caps, and thought I'd spend the rest of my life trying to find a pattern - should all the stouts go together, or organized by season of brew, color, region.

Did you use a particular method for where you put the caps?

I've got a big collection of caps, and thought I'd spend the rest of my life trying to find a pattern - should all the stouts go together, or organized by season of brew, color, region.

Did you use a particular method for where you put the caps?

I just tried to lay down the caps as random as possible. It was labor intensive enough to push almost 4000 caps into tile grout one-by-one let alone trying to make some kind of pattern.

from 1 to duluthian to another.. wow that looks great.

I was in hayward wi 2 weeks ago and went to RayJays bar/pizza. They had an epoxy bar the likes of which i have never seen. Wood fish decoys set in river rock type gravel. It was about 4" deep and maybe 25' in length. The owner was there BSing with us and said it took 28 gallons of epoxy.

Mike in Duluth

I would love to see pictures of that!! It sounds really cool!

That thing looks great man! Hows it holding up?
Guessing that dust mask didn't do anything to stop the cancer though :D
So maybe the better question is... How you holding up?

Latest posts

Back