• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Entrepreneurial Brew Master wanted

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMlodge001

Reaction score
Entrepreneurial Brew Master wanted.

I am interested in opening a small micro brew pub in our fishing lodge. I am curious if someone would be interested in a joint venture like this?
We have a very unique location on the river in Baldwin, MI. We have an exisiting clientele base that asks for such services and I believe that we have the facility and could create the room for such an operation.

This is something that could be open seasonaly March through November. Or with the proper marketing strategy snowmobile traffic could support a year round business.

My name is Frank Willetts I am the managing partner of the Pere Marquette River Lodge. We are an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge and Guide Service.

If you or someone you know may be interested in this idea please have them contact me directly at [email protected]

Cheers,

Frank

I don't know the lodge, but I've kayaked on the Pere Marquette with my boys and its beautiful, very nice. Would be a great location to live - not many people there, except for the visitors.

Edit: PMLodge, you might put this on http://www.probrewer.com/

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope someone whom loves making beer and enjoys chasing trout & Steelhead. :D

Fish the pm and Baldwin rivers quite a bit, love the area, wish I had more experience so I could try something like this. Good luck on the venture! If it works out I would come try some beer!

I think you should try to find an experienced, RETIRED person, who's a homebrewer and loves to fish. :D

M_C

Oh, like me? :D

Sounds like fun, but I'd caution anybody to make sure that the business plan for the brewery is in place, with the licensing requirements and permits started. A small brewery can cost $25,000 or so, if you get a good deal on used equipment.

By the way, if this happens, I can see coming for a visit!

The moment I saw this, I thought to myself "this would be an awesome opportunity for Yooper!". You know at least that you would have a loyal following and lots of support :)

If you need some free (meaning beer when I come down) financial advice, let me know. I am a senior level financial guy into home brewing. I would love to help out.

Oh, like me? :D

Sounds like fun, but I'd caution anybody to make sure that the business plan for the brewery is in place, with the licensing requirements and permits started. A small brewery can cost $25,000 or so, if you get a good deal on used equipment.

By the way, if this happens, I can see coming for a visit!

I also thought of you, Yooper. BUT, you're way too young to be retired? Aren't ya? :D

M_C

Woo-hoo! I live less than an hour from the lodge, grew up in AK fishing, and brew some tasty stuff. Email coming soon!:mug:

If you also need some advice on marketing strategy, I am a marketer for one of the biggest consumer goods company who is in to home brewing and willing to work on something cool for free (beer).

Back