end of summer beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what do you like? lemon beers, light-flavored beers, etc. there are lots of choices, and i can maybe give you recipes for what you're looking for

I do a Lemon balm (herb) cream ale for our annual October fishing trip. any where from 1/2 oz to 3/4 of an ounce (depending on end of year yield of lemon balm) to last 10 min of boil to standard cream ale recipe. If you want an extra lemon punch use argentinian cascade. nice lemon aroma

Good question. I'm trying to think of something to do with all the blackberries I'll be picking along my fence this weekend. Blackberry wit? Blackberry saison?

I like the idea of a blackberry wit, you could also swing to the other end of the spectrum and go for a blackberry porter. I like porters and stouts with a hint of fruit, i find it goes great with the roastiness.

The porter sounds good but I'm saving those for more winter time. I was kinda thinking of going for a citrus ipa maybe rack it onto some lemons as well.

The porter sounds good but I'm saving those for more winter time. I was kinda thinking of going for a citrus ipa maybe rack it onto some lemons as well.

I was just suggesting that for the guy with the blackberry bounty.

Personally I like a crisp, tart strawberry blonde in the dog days of summer. I brew EdWorts centennial blonde but drop the c-10 for more vienna, mash at 152°, ferment at 64° and secondary on 5 lbs of thawed strawberries for a week(I get pints of strawberries and clean/freeze them)

This ends up being a clean, slightly tart beer with huge strawberry aroma, it isnt like a winecooler at all, in fact other than aroma, the strawberry is quite subtle.

Latest posts

Back