Electric Stainless Steel Barrel Build -opinion-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaureywwc

Reaction score
Building an electric brewing system involving 2 Stainless Steel Barrels. The two I bought from a local winery are closed on both ends with a 2" threaded bung hole on the side. They also have a spigot slot on the ends of each barrel. I'm planning to use these for a Hot Liquor Tank and a Boil Kettle, I'll be using a 150 gallon milk tank for a mash tun.

My question beyond that is how many elements should I use? I had planned to anchor them on barrel racks, and put an element through the side rather then on the ends, but I'm not against putting 2-elements on either side to evenly heat.

Just looking for an opinion on that end. This is a total change to the current system I'm using now. Also slightly worried about using for a boil kettle Because I would only have that 2" space. Granted they are 55 gallon drums and I will be using these for 1bbl batches.

Thanks guys

Back