Electric drill mill speed controller - easy, cheap, works on all drills.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silentdrinker

Reaction score
Took maybe 5 minutes to assemble from random crap laying around the house. It can obviously be done prettier, but this works great.

Here's a video of it in action

Just measure your drill, cut 4 pieces of wood, drill pilot holes, assemble with screws.

For the knob, I had a bracket I put a bolt through one end and tightened it with two nuts. Then I twisted the bolt through a smaller hole (so the threads would stick) that I drilled through the back end of the jig.

The bolt screws back and forth adjusting the speed as it tightens/loosesns the grip around the trigger.

You can put another bolt on the other side of the knob to make it more like a crank. I did this quick and dirty to show the proof of concept. I have a motorized mill, but thought this would come in handy for the thousands of you who used hand drills.

You could make it easier by use a piece of wire or string around the drill and fasten it to the wood block in back. Or use a thin strap of metal like that used to hang plumbing...etc.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back