• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Electric BIAB setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planker101

Reaction score
My love of brewing is exceeded only by my love of making brew stands. This is one of two stands I have for sale right now

I had apartment dwellers in mind, but anyone who wants to do all grain but has limited space would benefit from this design.

It is an electric BIAB (brew in a bag) stand for large batches. Normally you see 5 gallons at most for BIAB setups, this one has a 20 gallon pot. I usually do 12 gallon batches, but can easily do 15.

The stand is 2x2" .120 wall 304 stainless tig welded and has a rotating pulley arm. You can raise the bag, let it drain over the pot, then rotate it out of the way and dump it into a trashcan.

It has a 5500 watt ULWD Tri Clover heating element, motorized ball valves, stainless chugger pump, blichmann therminator plate chiller, high quality double locking casters, quick disconnect fittings in most places, really all the bells and whistles you could want.

I designed it so that you do not have to move any hoses while you brew. The motorized 3 way ball valve lets you go between the brew kettle and the plate chiller with the flip of a switch. The other motorized ball lets you precisely control the flow (I had to custom design the wiring to trick the valve into doing this, normally the valves are full open or full close).

The 20 gallon pot has a tri-clover thermowell, a tri-clover heating element, a 1/2" fitting sight glass, and a 1/2" fitting drain.

The control box features an auberins PID, 40 amp SSR, light to indicate when the heating element is on, switch and light for the pump, and valve controls. It uses a standard 240V dryer plug to power the heating element and a standard 110V plug to power the PID and pump. Both are long cords.

Don't waste your time piecing together a frustrating system. Has a 2'x2' footprint so the wife can't complain about "all the space you're taking up" Brew 5-15 gallon batches and only clean one pot.

Price is $1300... OK $1200 obo. Located in Sonora, CA.

keywords: beer brew brewing stand sculpture triclover triclamp tri-clamp homebrew keg carboy fermenter keggle

IMG_2202.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

IMG_1458.jpg

Last edited:
Back