Electric All-In-One as Fermentation Bath

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwood Brewing

Cast your bread upon the waters
Reaction score
For maintaining fermentation temperatures, I have always used a water bath technique. I place the fermenter in a tub of water and use a sous vide to control the temperature.

I recently purchased a used Anvil Foundry 10.5 and was wondering if I could use that instead of the sous vide. I've been considering fermenting in 5gal corny kegs, and I couldn't help but notice it looks like a keg would fit inside the Foundry perfectly. I'd make sure the keg is raised off of the heating element, place it in, and then fill the Foundry with water until the keg is mostly submerged.

Has anyone tried this, either with a Foundry or another all-in-one electric system? It would involve keeping the Foundry running at 60F - 80F for a couple weeks at a time. I can't think of a reason why the Foundry couldn't handle it, but I also don't want to risk damage.

Back