eeeeeewwww whats wrong with my beer ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illnastyimpreza

Reaction score
ok so I kegged the first 5 gallons of this batch...and it tasted like SOUR PISS !

I left the rest in the primary, and it turned into THIS !

whats wrong with my beer !???:drunk:

100_1206.jpg

If you didn't santize the piss before you added it to the wort it could indeed go sour.

the real question is, is piss sour to begin with? That might explain both tastes.

what does a typical "sour" taste infer that you have done wrong? My last couple batches have tasted extra soury... But where not completely undrinkable... are they still safe to drink?? (like to save for late night beer for friends ? )

what does a typical "sour" taste infer that you have done wrong? My last couple batches have tasted extra soury... But where not completely undrinkable... are they still safe to drink?? (like to save for late night beer for friends ? )

Sloppy sanitation practices. What sanitizer are you using? How are you sanitizing?

A sourness indicates infection from a beer-spoilage organism; typically, either lactobacillus (which is a very clean sour) or acetobacter (vinegary sour). The picture you posted is lactobacillus.

Are they safe to drink? Yep- nothing can grow in beer that can harm you in any way, though the beer won't taste/smell 'right'.

Back