ebrewsupply 50A panel no autotune?!!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akroessler

Reaction score
Hey all,

bought a 50A 2 element 50a panel from ebrewsupply. they have their new 200 series PIDs on them. When i received it, they gave me a nice print out for getting to know my panel and a auto tune setup installation. However, the steps they included are just not options on the PIDs themselves. Ive gone through every single menu i could find. Their simple instructions were "press set button until you see At." and it just never shows up. Can someone help me here, its quite frustrating because im trying to autotune so my first real brew day on my new system goes smoothly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Without know the brand and model of the PIDs they used, we would just be guessing. I'd call or email Ebrewsupply and get it straight from the manufacture. Who better to know than the people who built it.

While it seems you expected auto tuning, it’s not something you really need. Empirical coefficients should work well enough for these control systems, then can be adjusted as you gain experience with the system.

While it seems you expected auto tuning, it’s not something you really need. Empirical coefficients should work well enough for these control systems, then can be adjusted as you gain experience with the system.
I would say I agree. However the system overshoots temperatures by 2-3 degrees currently. Kinda hard when you’re trying to maintain a mash with HERMS

not sure if this ever got figured out but check out part 7 of the pdf link, describes how to auto-tune.

http://images.ebrew.supply/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/01101534/EBS-FT101_Controller.pdf

That is no longer accurate.

I got ahold of Ryan and he sent me an updated PDF which had a completely different set of instructions vs the old ones. He said they reflashed the PIDs and have different interfaces now. And they were sending out the wrong instructions with the panels. Go figure.

I got ahold of Ryan and he sent me an updated PDF which had a completely different set of instructions vs the old ones. He said they reflashed the PIDs and have different interfaces now. And they were sending out the wrong instructions with the panels. Go figure.
is it possible

Back