• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Missouri eBiab recirculating 220/240v 30amp brewing setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_777

Reaction score
As you've probably seen in my other for sale posts, I'm looking to get rid of most of my brewing equipment as we will be moving in the near future. This has been my labor of love and produced fantastic beer. This is a modified version of a kal-clone electric system. I've used this primarily for 5.5-6.5 gallon batches with a 7.5 gallon preboil.

It's a 220/240v 30 amp setup in a nema single PID enclosure with twist-lock nema plugs and receptacles. Most of the control panel parts were purchased from Auber Instruments and various other online outfitters. The ssr is a 40amp with an oversized heatsink, manual contactors with switches for override power cutoff. The PID is an Auber 2352 with an rtd probe that connects to a tee fitting on the vessel itself and controls a Camco 5500 watt heating element.

The vessel itself is a SS Bayou Classic 44 qt with basket. The basket is situated above the heading element and does not make any contact. Brewhardware temp gauge and sight glass kit. Magnesium anode installed on the rear.

The recirculation is done with a Chugger pump with SS center head. Camlock fittings throughout the hoses with a Brewhardware loc-line in the lid for the redirecting the recirculation.

Brewed about 10 batches on this system - works amazing. Water heats fast thanks to the 5500 watt and a smaller water volume. I've had no problems with bag scorching like I've read with other similar setups.

The bag and pulley were purchased from Wilsonbiab - which work great. The pulley is manually operated.

The ebiab sits on a pine stand that's been poly'ed with 4 coats. No casters on this as I was worried about it rolling around even with lockouts.

You will need a 30amp GCFI breaker or 30amp GCFI breaker 'extension cord'. If you have a Square D homelite breaker box, you can have my GFCI breaker.

Everything for $1000.

Looking to sell this to a local brewer as shipping would be ridiculously expensive. If there's no interest in a few days, I will consider parting out the control box, etc. Thanks for looking.

1h7Db42.jpg

FPqPImM.jpg

n5CB3eQ.jpg

jrAqqA7.jpg

8ltUWJ3.jpg

4NDHxcy.jpg

QIRx2Sw.jpg

fFIPaYX.jpg

gyi8VbQ.jpg

ZhX0D3R.jpg

Interested in control panel if your parting out. Pm me with price if you go that route

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back