Ebay grain mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks fine for small amounts of grain. If you're considering getting into all grain brewing (and you should), then you'll want a different grain mill. Preferably one with a bigger hopper and drill attachment.

First, you can get the same mill on Amazon for $20 (+free shipping with Prime or $25 order). Next, search "ugly junk" thread on here to find out how to fix these up to make them useable.

Personally, I had the Victoria mill and thought it was inconsistent so upgraded to a Monster Mill which has been superb. YMMV

They are good for the job. In 2012 they cost $26 and up. Search these forums for "corona mill" and you will find suggestions how to adjust it. Two roller adjustable mills like Monster, Rebel, and others are better if you have the $110 or more to spend

Has anyone used something like this? I am looking for something small for my specialty grains.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=160778776480&index=0&nav=WATCHING&nid=32511879474

I bought the same one off ebay. Love the thing. I have mine set up in a wooden box with a drawer that will hold 5lbs (also a plastic hopper). I hook it to a drill and can do 10lbs in about 5-10 minutes. I do all grain and consistently get 80% eff.

For me a 5lb drawer was a good size because I apartment brew and its very easy to stash or disassemble. Check out the ugly junk links, most people put it in a bucket for ease of use.

It looks fine for small amounts of grain. If you're considering getting into all grain brewing (and you should), then you'll want a different grain mill. Preferably one with a bigger hopper and drill attachment.

Sorry....but no.

Thanks Folks. I wasn't sure if cocona was a brand or a type of mill. I doubt I'll mind if it takes a bit to mill for AG batches; this is a hobby so I may as well take my time and enjoy.:mug:

Back