• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

eBay find? 1" stainless valves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure someone could use those. It seems the handles would be better in the opposite direction for our needs though.

The one in the photo lookes used, dunno. I guess to clean these you'd have to unthread and pop out the ball w/a special tool

Just FYI - the auction is listed as "or best offer"........ so I offered $30 for 10.

Seller took that ( a little too quick maybe?) so someone else should try $20 ?

They do look a little cruddy in the pics, but I'm willing to believe it's just some surface crud from sitting around. They are listed as New, old stock.

I bought some of these, they just arrived, they have 5/8 flow. I offered $20 and he countered for $30. The handles will have to be modified, the way they are made you cant just turn them around. Still a bargain at $3 each

@rod - r u using these in a wort path, or just water? It looks like cleaning is going to be tough because ball removal is from the threaded side. I'm always amazed how much junk gets in behind the ball in a valve.

@rod - r u using these in a wort path, or just water? It looks like cleaning is going to be tough because ball removal is from the threaded side. I'm always amazed how much junk gets in behind the ball in a valve.

I havn't used any yet, I didn't really need them right now but I give more than that for a pvc ball valve for water lines so I figure they would be good to have around. But like you say, you will have to take the valve off to get to the ball to clean it good, but I dont think that will be too much trouble. I have brass on my epuibment right now and it's new so I dont know if I will go to the trouble to change it out or not.

Back