Easy transfer into keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meat803

Reaction score
Here is a little thing I found out by accident one day. You can rack beer into your keg from secondary without the use of a racking cane.

1.Clean and sanitize your keg.

2.Seal it up and place it in kegorator or whatever to chill it and the air inside. Doesn't take but a few minutes.

3.Put a Keg fitting ball/pin on your siphon tube setup.

4.Hook up the siphon tube up to the "out" fitting and the vacuum created by the shrunken cooled air will automatically prime your siphon and suck it into keg.
Once siphon has begun, open the lid on keg to prevent pressures from stopping siphon.

Make sure you hook up to "out" fitting and not "in" fitting. You want to lay the beer gently onto the bottom.

wow... gonna try this.. I like storing my kegs in the fridge with santizing solution.... I usually run about a gallon through the lines and faucet to sanitize prior to kegging so this is perfect.

Nice idea. I am normally going against gravity though so just push it with CO2. I use one of those 2 hole caps and put the siphon cane in one and push CO2 through the other. Doesn't take much but means no O2 is involved and I don't have to disturb my wort before transfer.

Back