Easy Recipe - Too Light?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtf3456

Reaction score
Trying too come up with an easy drinking beer for my BMC friends and a somewhat citrusy taste.

3lb light DME
1lb corn sugar
1oz citra hops
Safeale US-05

Or

4lb light DME
1lb corn sugar
1oz citra hops
Safeale US-05

Would this be good?

I'd go with the second one though if you are really going for light the first would work.

You might get too many IBUs out of the citra for a BMC drinker's taste though. I'd probably do a low alpha hop for bittering then throw in the citra at flame out. Just my thought.

Try 5lb Light DME, no sugar. with cascade hops. 60 min. boil / 2lb DME at 60, 1/2 oz cascade @ 45 min./ 3lb DME & 1/2 oz cascade @10 min./ 1/2 oz cascade @ flame out. The IBUs around 19, OG 1.045 & FG 1.011; These are "tastybrew" calculator numbers for a 5.5 gal. boil, so you will bottle around 4.5 after boil loss and fermentation. Just my 2 cents. I make a similar extract with light and amber (3lb each) and play with the hops for learning. Hope this helps. Cheers & welcome to HBT:)

Back