Easy Brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookiecd

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm a beginner and my one and only brew so far is an Irish Red Ale. It turned out fantastic! I'm looking for other "easy" brews. In general, are the Porters and Nutbrown Ales also easy brews to make? Are there others that can be considered easy. I will most likely buy a kit with the hops and malt extract.

thanks.

I always tell people to do an amber ale of some sort but you could do a stout or a porter pretty easily.

I would recommend the book "Brewing Classic Styles" It is a collection of award willing recipes with one recipe for each of the BJCP styles. The recipes are in all grain and extract so it would not be any harder then a kit. Plus it lists which recipes are beginning, intermediate and advanced. Lastly you get the advantage of learning all the styles as you look through the recipes.

thanks everyone. I will definitely look into getting that book. Sounds like just what I'm looking for. Once I get a little more experienced, I can try the harder recipe.

Back