East Coast Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oflivingshred

Reaction score
Hey friends I have three different bugs from ECY And to be honest I have no clue what to use them for!

ECY01 BugFarm
ECY05 Bret Bruxellensis
ECY34 Dirty Dozen Brett Blend

Can anyone suggest a few decent styles that I can brew with these? I'm new to the bug world and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I plan on using it with an Oud Bruin this weekend. Really curious how this will come out. I will not primary with a clean sacc, just the vial of Dirty Dozen.

No wonder I have to work so hard to get them...people buy them without even knowing what to do with them ?!?!

Bug farm is a general sour blend, you can make any type of beer with it really lambic, flanders, or american wild ale inspired

Dirty dozen is a no brainer, 100% brett beer. IPA or something like a sanctification

Brett Brux is best for post sacc use. Orval inspired, brett saison, ect.

I have a vial of Flemish Ale that is also going into 5 gallons of that Oud Bruin I got cooking up this weekend. My club is doing two sours, a Blonde and an Oud Bruin. A few of us are contributing a portion for each barrel. My portion is for the Oud Bruin. I figured, if I am going to brew up a portion for the barrel, might as well brew up some for my own stash. So I am brewing 20 gallons of the Oud Bruin. 10 go to the club, I keep 10, 5 get dirty dozen and the other 5 get the Flemish Ale blend.

Back