E-drink Brew, Please Advise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, newbie here.

I'm looking to make a coffee stout and add in some caffeine, etc., when kegging.
Looking for some input here from someone who's done this or something like this before.

My plan was to make a solution of B12, Taurine, Caffeine, CoQ10, Milk Thistle extract, and Ginkgo extract, pasteurize it in the oven, and blend it in the keg.

^This.

Combining stimulants like caffeine and depressants like alcohol can be very bad for your health. If you mismeasured your caffeine addition and added too much it literally could kill you. If I were you, I'd abandon this idea immediately.

I remember 4 loko making kids hearts explode until they removed the stimulants from it

Sure, and you have dumb kids also dying every year from downing teaspoons of caffeine powder.

If you go through with it, OP, just use powdered caffeine and make sure you measure your dosage a few times.

Sure, and you have dumb kids also dying every year from downing teaspoons of caffeine powder.

If you go through with it, OP, just use powdered caffeine and make sure you measure your dosage a few times.

Its just an easy way to get across how dangerous a cocktail like his is. Mixing stimulants and depressants like that is like driving your car with the parking brake on, except it's your heart your telling to go faster and slower at the same time.
Check out the one episode of brew dogs where they try to make the most caffeinated beer using pure caffeine. If i remember right they find out its too dangerous. Instead they just end up concentrating coffee even then i think guest were limited to one drink.

Thank for the input, yall.
This project is less about the night of and more about the morning after, as a hangover cure.
We've put this project on the back burner until the pharmacology majors reach a consensus in terms of dosage. We're going to aim for half a can of FUEL per pint in terms of caffeine and such, plus caffeine is really bitter. Even then, getting everything we need is projecting to be cost prohibitive, the USP grade stuff is highly pure but also very *very* expensive.
Thanks again guys. I'll post in this thread once it's done and I (hopefully) havn't turned my heart in to pudding.:mug:

Back