Duotight inline regulator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LitBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I just got these duotight inline regulators (with integrated gauge) or my keg fridge build.

I have them all hooked up in series ( see picture ), gas line connected and set to about 35 psi.

the issue i'm having is when I turn the yellow regulator knob it doesn't have any effect. All the way tight, or completely removed it just regulates back to whatever pressure coming out of the gas tank.

Did i assemble them incorrectly?

Does it work like a normal regulator, where you screw it in for more pressure and out for less pressure?

Attachments

• 20220320_174558435_iOS.jpg
    20220320_174558435_iOS.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
They are a bit fiddly and the display on the gauge is so small, but they are the same as other regulators, clockwise turn of the yellow bit will increase the pressure setting for them.

Ok thanks, yeah i just didn't have it tight enough, and the keg had 30 psi pressure in it as well, once I de-gassed the tank and turned the regulator knob it worked.

Ok I just got these duotight inline regulators (with integrated gauge) or my keg fridge build.

I have them all hooked up in series ( see picture ), gas line connected and set to about 35 psi.

the issue i'm having is when I turn the yellow regulator knob it doesn't have any effect. All the way tight, or completely removed it just regulates back to whatever pressure coming out of the gas tank.

Did i assemble them incorrectly?

Does it work like a normal regulator, where you screw it in for more pressure and out for less pressure?
Just to let you know, that´s not a series configuration, that is a parallel configuration

yes, you are correct, I assumed at first that the ones first in the line needed to be the highest pressure, but that’s not the case at all they can all be different pressures which is pretty cool.

Like I said, above the main problem I had was the kegs I was testing with already had pressure in them so when I was turning the knob, nothing was happening, and also the knob was not screwed in hard enough. User error.

yes, you are correct, I assumed at first that the ones first in the line needed to be the highest pressure, but that’s not the case at all they can all be different pressures which is pretty cool.

Like I said, above the main problem I had was the kegs I was testing with already had pressure in them so when I was turning the knob, nothing was happening, and also the knob was not screwed in hard enough. User error.
We all make mistakes, personally, I always forget my irish moss adition.

Anyways, what's your opinion on the regulators? I just received two I ordered but haven´t used them yet, I'm waiting to make a cool configuration like yours with a chest freezer and the digital gauge for the little regulators.

The regulators work great!

I also bought the board to mount the regulators on, I’m sure you could DIY that but saved a lot of time not having to pre drill holes, etc

Make sure you put them in a place where you can shine a flashlight on them and read the dials, they are very small and can get fogged up when you open the fridge.

I would also highly recommend labeling each regulator with a number, and then labeling the end of the gas line with the same number so that you can easily match up the gas line with the correct regulator, because sometimes it gets a little hectic in there with all the lines running everywhere.

Same with the beer lines.

I also originally purchased the Duotight compatible ball locks, but I’m swapping them out for standard ball locks with an adapter to go from the barb to duotight.

This way, it’ll be easier to sanitize the ball lock, clean it if I need to versus trying to pull the line out of the Duotight ball lock, which seems to be difficult, and I think also the less times you screw with that duotight connection, the less likely there will be any leaks.

The regulators work great!

I also bought the board to mount the regulators on, I’m sure you could DIY that but saved a lot of time not having to pre drill holes, etc

Make sure you put them in a place where you can shine a flashlight on them and read the dials, they are very small and can get fogged up when you open the fridge.

I would also highly recommend labeling each regulator with a number, and then labeling the end of the gas line with the same number so that you can easily match up the gas line with the correct regulator, because sometimes it gets a little hectic in there with all the lines running everywhere.

Same with the beer lines.

I also originally purchased the Duotight compatible ball locks, but I’m swapping them out for standard ball locks with an adapter to go from the barb to duotight.

This way, it’ll be easier to sanitize the ball lock, clean it if I need to versus trying to pull the line out of the Duotight ball lock, which seems to be difficult, and I think also the less times you screw with that duotight connection, the less likely there will be any leaks.
Thanks for the advice, I was unsure about where to put the regulators and I think i will put them on the outside so I don´t need to open up the freezer; and I certainly hadn't thought about them fogging up. Also I agree the less you mess with the regulators the better, so I will use a wall trough push-in fitting for guiding the gas lines into the freezer, that way no strain will be dealt to the regulators.

Back