Dry version of Tennessee Whiskey Yeast (White Labs #WLP050)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myerstyson

Reaction score
Hello!
I'm thinking of doing a Kentucky Common soon. The recipe I'm using uses Tennessee Whiskey Yeast (White Labs #WLP050). Due to my current location, I cannot ship liquids, thus I need a dry equivalent of Tennessee Whiskey Yeast (White Labs #WLP050).

Any ideas?

OK, so I did the KC on 1 May. Today (14 May here) I took a gravity. I think I have a problem.

The original gravity was 1.049. Today I got 1.030.

Is my fermentation stuck? This is the yeast I used, link here. Here's the description:

Whiskey Distillery Yeast is a pure culture Whiskey strain of Saccharomyces Cerevisiae used widely in commercial whiskey. It has robust and authentic aromatics even in high-alcohol fermentations. It includes the advantage of complete nutrition and amyloglucosidase to complete dextrin conversion of malt or grain. This will provide a maximum yield as well as rapid fermentation to 15% ABV.

Should I add another packet of a different yeast (I have plenty varieties in my fridge). If so, which do you think I should throw in there?

Or should I just wait longer? Normally at about 2 weeks my beers of this strength are done fermenting.

Ideas?

Yes I have. Active fermentation creates plenty of Co2, as it comes out of solution my understanding is that it can raise the hydrometer a little since all the bubbles are going up and out your sample tube.

Back