Dry Hopping Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tooblue02

Reaction score
All,

Have a Yoppers amber ale just about done fermenting and I am not sure if i can bottle tonight. It has been dry hopping for 7 days, can I try and remove the dry hops and bottle in a day or two or just bottle tomorrow morning whithout worry? Don't want to ruin this beer as the samples have been really tasty!

Thanks!:mug:

As long as the gravity has remained constant for a couple days, you should be okay to bottle. are you worried about leaving the hops in too long? I'll usually hop for 14 days, and I've never experienced grassy flavors… but i'd siphon out the beer and leave the hops in--- not sure if this is a real concern, but I'm always afraid to pull the hop bag out of the carboy and risk oxidization from the squeezed-out beer.

I agree, would just siphon out. If you try to get the hops out you raise your chances of contamination.

I usually leave my dry hops in for 10 to 14 days, and never noticed a problem. If the hops are in a bag, leaving them longer will help increase the hop flavors. Being restricted in a bag, it takes longer to get the oils into the beer.

Went ahead and bottled this evening just to get it done since we have company coming tomorrow, I really need to start kegging! Thanks for the help!

Back