Dry hopping and Beersmith question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jebediahscooter

Reaction score
Hey all,

I've got my first AG batch, an APA, sitting in secondary right now (racked 4 days ago i believe) and had a question about dry hopping.

I followed the fermentation schedule laid out by beersmith for my recipe. It said the dry hop for the weeklong period I selected after the 10-11 days of secondary is over. So i'm obviously anxious, and I was wondering if I couldn't just go ahead and start dry hopping now so that the week overlaps with the last week of secondary instead of waiting until after. Should I just toss those suckers in now? No airlock activity whatsoever in the past couple of days.

Thanks!

Beersmith just gives suggestions based on what you entered or accepted as the default values. Do what you want but just put in the notes what you did to deviate from the directions so that if it turns out good you can pin down what you did. By no means are any instructions gospel.

Or, you can just change the entry for that brew to reflect what you actually did.

If you haven't already, I highly suggest copying that recipe to the Brew Log and changing the date, notes, etc. as appropriate for that particular batch you made.

Alrighty, I'll play with it and make notes of what I do...still learning my way around the software. But in terms of my brew, going ahead with the dry hopping won't cause any issues, right?

Back