Dry Hop with Nugget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockweezy

Reaction score
I had some leftover hops and still do, but am wondering if I should dry hop with some nugget. I have 3.5 oz left over. Here is my recipe:

OG: 1.068
IBU: 65

11 lb 2-row
1lb Munich
1lb DMS (added with 20 min b/c OG was going to be low)
1lb Crystal 20
1 oz Nugget 60 min
.6 oz Nugget 15 min
.6 oz Nugget 5 min
1 oz Nugget 0 min

It's will have been in glass carboy for 2 weeks tomorrow. I'll do whatever is the consensus.

With an all Nugget hop schedule I don't see a problem. My Nugget brews aren't coming out of primary until next week so I can't give you first hand experience but from my research Nugget is a mild spicy sort of flavor that should be complimentary to a lot of hops. People seem to put it with just about anything though Chinook, Simcoe and that whole piney/resiny idea seems not to be popular. Fruity hops seem to be a good pairing.

If you are using a straight Nugget hop profile no problem dry hopping it with Nugget. I have a all Nugget IPA on tap now but used about 7 oz in the boil and 2 oz for the dry hop and it's great.

I'm going to throw in an ounce of nugget for a week then keg. Thank guys. Let me know how your beer turns out Ron.

Back