Drunkards and Dragons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_The_Rogue

Reaction score
Ive seen recipe brainstorming threads based on game of thrones, Video games and such. Yet I haven't seen one based on that oldest bastion of geekdom, Dungeons and Dragons. ( If its been done and I just haven't found it feel free to link it. )

I think it would be fun to bust out some themed brews at the table for everyone to enjoy. So what libations would you select for what class, prestige class, or monster? What would you call it? Beer, Cider, Mead and wine are all fair game. Bonus points for matching higher abv drinks to prestige classes and higher CR monsters.

To start it off:
Fighter- Sword and Board Ale - An amber ale aged on oak.

Personaly id have given the stout to the dwarf or halfling just for the short and stout joke.
What kind of mead for a mage? Fruit? Spices?
And im diggin the barbarian braggot. Perhaps a cross between an irish red and a bochet?

Red wizards respite. Mead put onto so much raspberry it goes ruby coloured. Needs to be 12%+

Im gunna have to make a few of these.

Barrel Maged Bourbon Stout (It's MAGICALLY Delicious!)

barrelmaged.jpg

Saving Throw Barleywine
THACO Ale, To Hit Alcohol Content of 0, non alcoholic
The Random Encounter, a base beer with varieties of fruit, roll 1d6 to select.

My wife once bought me a glass with a set of dice inside that you roll to design a batch from. Some of the combinations are a bit crazy.

I've yet to actually design a recipe from it, but I probably should try it and see what happens.

Ability Check RIS
Chaotic Evil IIPA
+1 to Charisma
Doppelganger Doppelbock
Druid Dance Wheat Ale
Druish Princess (With Raspberry!)
Dungeon Master Double IPA
Saving Throw Saison
D20
Halfling Session IPA

My wife once bought me a glass with a set of dice inside that you roll to design a batch from. Some of the combinations are a bit crazy.

I've yet to actually design a recipe from it, but I probably should try it and see what happens.

Sounds like it could be interesting... Of course you could always do what I did when rolling up a new character and take a few 'practice' dice rolls until you get a superhuman character.

Sounds like it could be interesting... Of course you could always do what I did when rolling up a new character and take a few 'practice' dice rolls until you get a superhuman character.

Pfsh...

Who rolls characters?

I generally just let a player imagine what stats they want for their character. There are always ways of making it interesting! :cross:

Pfsh...

Who rolls characters?

I generally just let a player imagine what stats they want for their character. There are always ways of making it interesting! :cross:

Ha! I rolled a fighter one time with an intelligence of like 5 or 6. He was the original LEROY JENKINS!! Probably one of my favorite characters ever.

Back