Dont brew drunk!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to drink the style I'm brewing while I brew it... I don't know why but we never seem to have problems like this...

I probably commit a HUGE brewing faux paz everytime I brew but I always end up adding some cold tap water. 6 successful batches (no infections) with 7 conditioning and 8 in the primary. Wouldn't do it with a slow yeast but with AAII or a Hef yeast you should be just fine. As for aerating, you gotta aerate some. I shake the heck out of my wort and, if you read wyeast's website, you really should oxygenate with pure oxygen and a stone for ideal yeast growth. Your beer will be fine. Relax and have another beer.

I really prefer to be drinking before, during, and after. That is, until I eventually burn myself or something. It just makes it more fun. Granted, I don't get plowed while I'm working, because I'm too busy watching for boil-overs, keeping an eye on timers, etc..

Your beer is ruined. I can dispose of it for you in some nice sanitary containers that look an awful lot like fermenter buckets with airlocks on them...

Just a couple of weeks ago a friend and I were brewing and needless to say we were drunk. I reached for the digital end of the probe thermometer and knocked it right into my boil (second time I have done this) being drunk and thinking quick I plunged my hand and arm in after it. Lucky for us we were just getting the bucket of ice water ready for the pre-chiller. I spent the rest of the afternoon with my arm in the bucket. I didn't even get it out until after transferring into the fermenter. SWMBO was real pleased with my actions and the fact that's its back to the store to buy a third thermometer.

One time when brewing while especially lit, I poured my wort into the fermentor and was totally dumbfounded when I saw that I had about 6.5 gallons in the carboy (should've only been 5)...then after I pitched and thought about it for a while, I realized I never poured out the 1.5 gallons of sanitation solution that was in the carboy. After much debate in a thread here, I ended up dumping the batch...I've never gotten drunk while brewing since.

My wife laughed her ass off when I read that out aloud! I on the other hand feel bad for you and the beer that could have been, I still laughed though.

Back to the point, I tend to drink a few home brews while brewing and my OG tends to go up a few notches. This is good.

Back