Don Imus

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe Imus would still have his job if he had quoted a great American (NOT):

[Intro: George Clinton]

The blind stares
of a million pairs of eyes
lookin' hard but won't realize
that they will never see
the P

(You must be goin' blind)

[Verse One: 2Pac]

give me my money in stacks
and lace my bitches with 9 figures
real niggas fingers on nickle plated 9 triggas
Must see my enemies defeated
i'm cashin'
while they coughed up and weeded
open fire
now them niggas bleedin'
see me in flesh
and test
and get your chest blown
straight out tha west, don't get blown
my adversaries cry like ho's
open and shut like doors
is you a friend or foe ?
nigga you ain't know ?
they got me stressed out on Death Row
i've seen money
but baby I got to gets mo'
you scream and go
'2Pac'
and I ain't stopin'
till i'm well paid
bails paid
now nigga, look what hell made
visions of cops and sirens
niggas open fire
buncha Thug Life niggas on tha rise
until I die
ask me why i'm a Boss Playa gettin' high
and when i'm rollin' by
Niggas Can't C Me

[Chorus: George Clinton]

The stares of a million pairs of eyes
and you'll never realize
You can't C Me..

[Verse Two: 2Pac]

Been getten worried that these square mutha*uckers with nerves
sayin they can get with us
but picture me gettin' served
My own mama say i'm thuged out
my *hit be bumpin out tha record store
as if it was a drug house
my lyrics bang like a Crip or Blood
nigga what ?
It ain't nothin but a party when we thug
and there I was
a young nigga with heart
ain't had *hit to loose
pullin' my pistol on them fools
you know the rules
D-R-E you got me heated
my words like a penatentary dick
hittin' bitches where it's most needed
money and weed
Alazay and Hennesse
To my Thug niggas in lock down
witness me
bail on these ho's in floss mode
tha life of a Boss Playa
*uck what ya thought tho'
my enemies deceased
die like a *****
when my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

Niggas Can't C Me

[Chorus: George Clinton]

Which way did he go George
Which way did he go
Which way did he go
Which way did he go

[Verse Three: 2Pac]

You niggas made a mistake
you shoulda never put my rhymes with Dre
them Thug niggas have arrived and it's Judgement Day
Hey Homie if ya feel me
Tell them tricks that shot me
that they missed
they ain't killed me
I can make a mutha*ucker shake
rattle and roll
i'm full of liquor
thug nigga
quick to jab at them ho's
and I can make ya jelous niggas famous
*uck around with 2Pac and see how good a niggas aim is
i'm just a rich mutha*ucker from tha way
If this rappin' bring me money
then i'm rappin' till i'm paid
i'm getten green like i'm supposed to
Nigga, I holla at these ho's
and see how many I can go through
Look to the star
and visualize my debut
niggas know me, playa
I gotta stay true
don't be a dumb mutha*ucker
because it's crazy after dark
where the true Thug niggas see ya heart
Niggas Can't C Me....

[Outro: 2Pac, George Clinton]

(Yo, check this out, stay off his dick)

Niggas Can't C Me
(Right before your eyes, i'll disappear from here) You niggas Can't C Me, hahah
(You Can't C Me) I know it's hard nigga, i'm all up in your face
But you still Can't C Me
(You Can't C Me) All up in your range, but niggas Can't C Me
(20/20 vision won't visualize) I'm in tha flesh baby, but you Can't C Me
(All tho' glasses won't help you realize) You blinded
You blinded
You Can't C Me
(You Can't C Me)
Thug Life baby
Don't believe everything you read
Alazay and weed (You Can't C Me)
(Right before your very eyes, You won't even visualize)
(You Can't C Me)
Dr. Dre all day, 2Pac
Niggas can't C Me, hahaha
I dedicate this, to you PUNK Mutha*uckers hahaha
this ones for you big baby hahah
cause you ***** ass niggas Can't C Me
Niggas Can't C Me
(ooooww)
(ooooww)
(You Can't C Me)
(See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil)
(You won't C Me)
(First C Me, Now ya don't)
(Wanna C Me, but ya won't)
(Come to C Me, but ya Can't)
(ooohhh, You Can't C Me)
(You Can't C Me)
(Right between your eyes, you'll never realize)
(Right before your eyes, you won't even realize)
(Visualize what you Can't C)

Man, that's pure poetry...;)

my rant of the morning....

first off, we've all had a slip of the tongue at least once in our life before. We've spoken without thinking, and had it come back to bite us in the ass.

Now Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson........notice how I purposely left out the Reverend part. Men of the lord eh? Well doesnt the lord preach forgivness, compassion, and love? See where Im going with that?

Anyways, . You can now strongarm advertising agencies to withdraw their money in order to keep themselves out of it. If a certain ad agency didnt withdraw from Imus's show, well then they would be then considered a racist company for somehow supporting the nappy headed ho comment. So now a small group of people can now have you removed from your job of almost 40 years for one stupid comment. Freedom of speech? I say not. Is being fired for that justifiable? Wouldn't a unpaid leave or some other punishment be acceptable?

This is blowing up into so much more than a stupid nappy head comment. This is now a much, much bigger issue.

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING

i shall now go get some coffee, and try and reread what I just wrote to see if it makes any sense

Chimone said:
my rant of the morning....

first off, we've all had a slip of the tongue at least once in our life before. We've spoken without thinking, and had it come back to bite us in the ass.

Now Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson........notice how I purposely left out the Reverend part. Men of the lord eh? Well doesnt the lord preach forgivness, compassion, and love? See where Im going with that?

Anyways, . You can now strongarm advertising agencies to withdraw their money in order to keep themselves out of it. If a certain ad agency didnt withdraw from Imus's show, well then they would be then considered a racist company for somehow supporting the nappy headed ho comment. So now a small group of people can now have you removed from your job of almost 40 years for one stupid comment. Freedom of speech? I say not. Is being fired for that justifiable? Wouldn't a unpaid leave or some other punishment be acceptable?

This is blowing up into so much more than a stupid nappy head comment. This is now a much, much bigger issue.

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR ANYTHING

i shall now go get some coffee, and try and reread what I just wrote to see if it makes any sense
I know how you feel. It's almost like, well, if you fire me then I have nothing to apologize for.

Now that he's off the air it may be time to really speak his mind and use any word that's printed in the dictionary.

That's one of my peeves concerning ignorance and a general lack of education. If it's in the dictionary why is it wrong to say the word aloud? Any word?? :confused:

If anyone ever called me a nappy-headed ho, I would just laugh and shrug it off...of course, IF I were a nappy-headed ho then I'd have a reason to get PO'd. Same goes for someone calling me gay or white (or any other word). If it's not true then why get PO'd? I think looking them in the eye and laughing at their comment is a better way to counter thier insult. But, that's just me.

I had lots of black friends in school (70% black, 20% Puerto Rican...10% Other White meat). I was called the N word more often than I was called "whitey". I just laughed it off. Most people say "it's not the word, but how it's used". That's not true. Apparently, it depends on who's using it. That's wrong. If I say a word that you feel is offensive that's on you. How do you know what my intent was? Sure, you'll push your view, but since you can't prove my intent the argument is useless.

Chimone said:

A little off-topic, but...come on. Forgiveness, love, compassion? What's compassionate about literally demanding that parents stone their own child to death if he or she forsakes the lord? The bible is full of murderous, treacherous, torturous, evil stuff, all done by the hand of god, or directed by such. Jesse and Al are in good company indeed. Anyway, had to correct that one...because only a SEVERE cherry-picking of the bible could make someone walk away from a reading of it with the impression that god is compassionate or loving or forgiving. He's a vengeful, extremely jealous god. I'm continually surprised by how jealous he is. SO much of the bible is dedicated to punishing anyone who believes in another god. I just have trouble with the idea that this all-powerful, omnipotent being is so damned insecure that he needs to devote a huge portion of his time punishing people who don't believe in him. Anyway, sorry to go so far off-topic...

Chimone said:

Look, I do agree with you that all of this is just nonsense, but it is definitely still freedom of speech, Chimone. The First Amendment says that The Congress shall not restrict speech:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

The FCC fining Howard Stern for using dirty language on the air is more an abridging of free speech than Imus' advertisers getting pressured to drop him will ever be. Now, once the FCC gets involved and starts fining or punishing, then you have a free speech issue.

Otherwise, while this is a really, really foolish issue and I wish that Al and Jesse would just shut their idiotic, hypocritical, exploiting mouths once and for all, it's not really an issue of freedom of speech. With the freedom to say what you want comes the responsibility to deal with the consequences of said speech in a free market environment. This is an issue of bastard exploitative race-baiters, not an issue of free speech.

homebrewer_99 said:
I know how you feel. It's almost like, well, if you fire me then I have nothing to apologize for.

Now that he's off the air it may be time to really speak his mind and use any word that's printed in the dictionary.

That's one of my peeves concerning ignorance and a general lack of education. If it's in the dictionary why is it wrong to say the word aloud? Any word?? :confused:

Even if it's not in the dictionary, the government should not be in the business of regulating the utterances of words. It's blatantly unconstitutional, and they justify it with this tortured argument that they "own" the broadcast spectrum, therefore they can do what they want with it. It's sick.

Evan! said:
Even if it's not in the dictionary, the government should not be in the business of regulating the utterances of words. It's blatantly unconstitutional, and they justify it with this tortured argument that they "own" the broadcast spectrum, therefore they can do what they want with it. It's sick.
I concur. As far as I'm concerned politicians have stamped the Constitution null and void.

Free speech, freedom of the press, freedom from religion, free enterprise...NOT! The dreams of our forefathers are all wasted.

Anyone know which air channel that black DJ named Joyner is located? Listen to some of the crap and how he talks about white people. Imus should have brought that to the table in the media.

I heard a good analogy the other day......

Ok, lets say you have the freedom to say whatever you want. Sure you can say whatever you want, but Im going to punch you in the face everytime you do. So feel free to go ahead and say it, but just get ready to get hit.

Is that really freedom of speech?

Chimone said:

Ok, lets say you have the freedom to say whatever you want. Sure you can say whatever you want, but Im going to punch you in the face everytime you do. So feel free to go ahead and say it, but just get ready to get hit.

Apples and oranges...according to the law, assault, even verbal, is not grounds for battery (hitting).

So Sharpton demands that Imus apologize and be fired for his statements.

When is Sharpton going to apologize to the Duke Lacrosse players that he pretty much tried and convicted? When is he going to apologize to the coach of the Duke Lacrosse team who resigned as a result of now unfounded rape allegations? Don't hold your breath.

Chimone said:

That's a poor analogy, really. Of course, in this isolated situation, no, you do not technically have "freedom of speech". However, the analogy is inapt simply because physical assault in response to verbal provocation is itself illegal. The analogy assumes a legal right to hold power over another's speech that simply does not exist.

Look, the fact of the matter is, these ad companies voluntarily entered into contracts with Imus' employers, and they have the right (generally speaking, forgetting any contractual details that may prevent it) to spend their money elsewhere.

Here's another analogy: I'm paying you money to work in my office. However, I say that, in order to get paid to work in MY office, you need to refrain from using the word 'Krunk'. Now, am I restricting your freedom of speech? Of course not. You can say 'Krunk' all you want---but not if you want my money.

Chimone, in a free market, we all willingly sacrifice some sort of "freedom" every time we enter into an agreement with another party. It's not the kind of freedom that is enumerated in the Constitution/BoR, but the kind of freedom that hangs in a fairly delicate balance in our lives. When I enter into an agreement to work at a firm, I sacrifice my freedom to, let's say, moonlight for other firms. I sacrifice my "right" to stay home all day and eat doritos and watch soap operas. These rights are not protected by the constitution, as they are "positive" rights.

The right to not be punched in the face without just cause, however, is a right that we all agree is protected by the government of the united states. The right to get paid by advertisers and have your own radio show, on the other hand, is NOT a protected right---therefore, this isn't a freedom of speech issue.

cdana said:

When is Sharpton going to apologize to the Duke Lacrosse players that he pretty much tried and convicted? When is he going to apologize to the coach of the Duke Lacrosse team who resigned as a result of now unfounded rape allegations? Don't hold your breath.

You wanna see some funny stuff, watch last night's Daily Show. They did a piece on Nancy Grace's coverage of the Duke spectacle. Amazing! She's insane.

cdana said:

The real crime is that they're NOT going to prosecute the woman that made the false claims. Seems crazy to me that you should be able to unleash that kind of hellstorm and when it proves to be false, you walk away unscathed.

The prosecuter will get his, no doubt, and he deserves to be disbarred, but the person that CAUSED all of the problems should have her day in court as well.

ok lets get past the battery or physical assault thing.

point is, Is it really freedom of speech if there is going to be repercussion's to what you say? Whether it be you are really a racist, or you were just trying to be funny and say something stupid.

I just dont think that after almost 40 years of radio, you loose your job over a nappy headed ho comment.

homebrewer_99 said:
I concur. As far as I'm concerned politicians have stamped the Constitution null and void.

Free speech, freedom of the press, freedom from religion, free enterprise...NOT! The dreams of our forefathers are all wasted.

Anyone know which air channel that black DJ named Joyner is located? Listen to some of the crap and how he talks about white people. Imus should have brought that to the table in the media.

And then we would only have descended further into the spiral of race-baiting exploitative idiocy. He COULD have brought that up, but given the absurd racial climate in this country today, the only thing it would have done is make himself look like even more of a racist to the ignorant race-baiters. Sad, but true.

Chimone said:
ok lets get past the battery or physical assault thing.

point is, Is it really freedom of speech if there is going to be repercussion's to what you say?

I think that the bill of rights has confused people in this country, honestly. The Bill of Rights prevents Congress from making laws that restrict the freedom of the press, speech, religion, etc. That's it. But people have misconstrued the restrictions on Congress to mean that we all have absolute rights in such categories.

"Freedom of Speech" is really a misnomer. You do NOT have absolute freedom of speech, Chimone. Nobody ever said that you did. You can't run into a crowded theater and yell "fire!". You can't defame/libel someone and cause damage to them. The only real "freedom" you are guaranteed is the freedom from government restrictions on your speech.

So, to answer your question, no, you do not have absolute freedom of speech without any repercussions. And, to be quite frank, I'd think that this would a pretty scary country if we did. If my employer was forbidden from firing me even if I called every woman in my office a dirty whore...what kind of office would it be? If CBS was not allowed to fire Imus if he started chanting Nazi slogans on the air, would that be a good thing?

Believe me, absolute freedom of speech would not be a good thing. We live in a world where our actions and words have consequences. There's nothing wrong with that.

Chimone said:
I just dont think that after almost 40 years of radio, you loose your job over a nappy headed ho comment.

I agree, that was a bunch of crap. But something being a bunch of crap doesn't mean it should be illegal. Imus is at their mercy, since he works for them. If Imus wants to go out and start his own radio station...nobody is stopping him.

If such an injustice to Imus has been done (it hasn't)
if his product is still viable (it probably is)
if he still has the will to do it ($$$)
he'll land on his feet somewhere.

If he ends up retiring forever, it's because he doesn't want to lie low and live beneath the radar.

Stop comapring and contrasting Imus with everyone else. If you have particular problem with another broadcaster, rapper, public figure, etc. Find out how they get paid/supported and take it up with them.

Freedom includes the right to be stupid and fail miserably.

FWIW, I didn't mean for this to become a heated debate about freedoms and restrictions and rappers. I was really just tired of hearing the same news on every channel and wondered who else was.

Didn't mean to "stir the pot" and don't want to be taken for a troll.:eek:

Let's all have a drink and let this one go.

homebrewer_99 said:
Look in the mirror...how can we not take you for a troll??:D

Well, technically I am from the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and we are collectively called trolls (as Yooper Chick will tell you). I did, however, mean in the other sense. :D

Flyin' Lion said:
homebrewer_99 said:
Look in the mirror...how can we not take you for a troll??:D

Well, technically I am from the Lower Peninsula of Michigan and we are collectively called trolls (as Yooper Chick will tell you). I did, however, mean in the other sense. :D
I've been to Makinac and the UP as well as a couple of trips to Detoilet.:D

I'm sorry to be so far out of the loop, but up until I got caught up on this thread, All I knew was 1) racist comment - 2) got fired. Can someone give me the quick backstory on what prompted Imus's "nappy headed ho" comment?

I'm absolutely sure he didn't wake up one day and say, "you know, that Rutgers womens basketball team really needs to be taken down a notch." Come on now, who really noticed anything about the Rutgers Womens basketball team to begin with. They had to have done SOMETHING to get noticed to begin with. Did they play particularly dirty one night or something? Did they beat someone up? Did they throw a party where they allegedly raped a drunk, single parent, male stripper?

Not that any of these actions justify a public figure making a racist comment for whcih he rightfully gets fired when sponsors pull their money... I'm just curious as to what the team did to draw his attention and no one seems to be telling that part of the story.

Focus

homebrewer_99 said:
\Happy Friday 13th!!:mug: :mug: :mug:

holy cow, I didnt even realize that

well heres to Friday the 13th then cheers

hasselhoff%20is%20god.gif

Original comments.

Black mans response NWS for language.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back