Dogfish head clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpfeil8484

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to make a dogfish head 60 min clone, that would be awesome to have that recipe

Do a search, there's a few on hear. Check out Xtreme Brewing's website. They have a kit and their Dogfish kits were put together with the help of a former brewmaster at DFH as well as w/ Sam Calagione.

Hey I have the book "An Enthusiast's Guide To Brewing Craft Beer at Home - Extreme Brewing" By Sam Calagione of Dogfish and he has the recipe for 60 minute IPA in it.

Also, you managed to bring me out and provide my first post.

So if I wanted to make 90 min I would just continuously add hops for 90 mins

mpfeil8484 said:
So if I wanted to make 90 min I would just continuously add hops for 90 mins

No, simply adding hops for an additional 30 minutes to the 60 min clone recipe wouldn't create a 90 min clone brew. The 60 min IPA is 6%abv, the 90 min IPA is 9%abv and yes 120 min IPA is 12%abv.

No, simply adding hops for an additional 30 minutes to the 60 min clone recipe wouldn't create a 90 min clone brew. The 60 min IPA is 6%abv, the 90 min IPA is 9%abv and yes 120 min IPA is 12%abv.

yeah the 120 is a whole other monster

Yooper's recipe is excellent. I made it early on in my brewing days and that one probably one of my best brews.

The kind of monster that hides in your closet and comes out a beauty

Yeah. My clone attempt took more t.l.c. than any other beer I have ever made. It definitely needed to hang out in the closet for a while afterwards to get some beauty sleep

Just picked up the 60min clone recipe from Austin Homebrew. The extract recipe is a little pricier than others that they have, but it's because of all the different hops and extracts involved. A friend of mine made this and preferred this one over the real deal

Back