Dogfish Head 120 Min IPA Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its advertized capacity is 19.5 Lbs (some say 20 Lbs); so, yes it can handle the grain bill. This makes me happy.

So I realize that this thread is quite old, but I saw a link to the recipe and tried to go to it but the page had been deleted. If there is any chance that Smuth10 still has the recipe and watches this thread I would love to see it (and perhaps try it!).

T

Thank you very much, I look forward to attempting this behemoth.
I’ve been following and learning from this thread as well! So glad to hear somebody else is going to attempt. I brewed a 5 gal batch and it ended up too sweet. Didn’t use a starter cause I didn’t have a stir plate, just pitched extra viles of 099. Crapped out after 6lbs of dextrose. Should have stopped at 5. This was my first brew ever cause I’m an adventurous idiot. I have multiple years experience cooking fine dining and have followed recipes far more complex than this 120min recipe, but still didn’t nail this one. Was really just pleased to not create off flavors, and contaminate my beer. Please post updates of your brew!

Hi!

I've read multiple threads on this 120-min recipe and all the work that it needs. I'm an amateur brewer - brewed few easy beers. I'm really excited for brewing this one. There are few questions in the fermentation part.

1. Starter for pitching yeast
So, you take a gallon of the wort, pitch the yeast, swirl it and pour it back into the bucket?

2. Introducing Oxygen the first few days - how is this being done?

3. I read Bottle conditioning is not recommended and people are kegging it. Does that mean you just pour the final batch in a keg and let it sit? How do we get the carbonation?

If anyone has any additional information on these process, it'd be great! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back