Does this piece of equipment exist?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paradigm

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for an NPT threaded... valve (I guess) that spins when water is run through it at a low pressure. I know there are CIP balls, but they are very high pressure. Kind of like those joints in commercial dish washers.

I can't imagine these don't exist, they're pretty simple I think. I just don't know what they are (or would be) called.

I think it's more application driven rather than manufacturing. Industrial and scientific is on a different price grade because of quality requirements.

I'm not surprised they are this expensive, I'm surprised there isn't a commercial equivalent for $15.

Baldwin makes a filter that does exactly this... Spray holes in the filter spin the filter on it's own brass bushing. The idea is that the centrifugal force of the spinning filter drives heavy particles OFF the surface of the paper filter where they accumulate on the walls of the housing itself....... it of course is intended for lubricants and such. It's obviously NOT "food grade" whatever that means...... BC 7228, BC 2742, BC 7394............ Three examples by Baldwin. I don't advocate using these products for beer.... or any other food product. The quality is very high, but you don't know what adhesives are used and what they are compatible with. The point is that this is not an original idea.. It is available over the counter or by special order. The food industry is no different from any other, their needs are the same. There may well be a food grade version.............Note the BC designation......Baldwin is the manufacturer, and they have very good tech support.

H.W.

Back