Does this gross you (the men) out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshuaWhite5522

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So SWMBO and I got into a discussion (argument) about the fact that I am disinclined to engage in sexual congress with her during that time of the month. The other 3 weeks of the month I am all for it. Maybe I'm just crazy or a pansy but a womans period is the ultimate turn off for me. I do not like finishing to find out that I am wearing a fine schalcking of menstural fuild on my member. Am I standing alone in left field here or are some of the other guys with me?

I haven't done it when the river was at high tide, nor do I want to.. but I've done it right before and after many times and had a red hue to my hang-down. not the most appealing thing but it doesn't bother me much.. I dont like putting mine where poop comes out, but a lot of guys like that. I think of it as training for prison, but that's me. to each his own.

BTW be extra careful because I believe they're most fertile at this time..

That grosses me out too. I once was dating a girl who I thought was pretty awesome. First time we got into it, found out afterward that it was that time, made a mess out of my sheets. I threw away the sheets and got into an argument with her about how disgusting it was that she didn't let me know. I never talked to her again.

My girlfriend (and the previous one at that) doesn't even try at that time of the month, kind of a mutual "It ain't happenin right now" kind of deal, which is A-OK with me.

So who was drinking a red ale when they clicked on this thread?

Doesn't bother me all that much, I'd rather not make a mess of the sheets, but if it's on then it's on. I won't go for the open tuna sandwich mind.

BTW be extra careful because I believe they're most fertile at this time..

Uhhhh... No. Definitely the LEAST fertile during the actual menstrual flow. Very fertile in the days before. Not at all fertile in the days of and immediately after.

And to the OP, I don't care about getting it on during the period. I'm grateful to get it, so I'll hit it whenever. Beggars can't be choosers. ;)

Not my 1st choice, but I don't mind it enough to say "no." I loves the 'tang! BTW, ever heard the expression "get your wings"? :p :D

It's not a big deal to me, physically, but I'd rather not make a mess of the sheets. At least the other stuff washes off.

But she's usually not that interested at that time anyway.

What bothers me is that she doesn't understand that I'M not having a period!

It's extra lubrication!

+1. Wifey's got some kind of IUD birth control right now, so she hasn't "fallen to the communists" in almost two years. Obviously SOME activities get curtailed, but doesn't have to be a deal breaker - just make sure you have some towels that aren't white.

Not my preferential setting but, after 13 years of marriage, you take what you can get.

That said, this is the ONLY time I enjoy shower sex too.

Hahaha... You mean you don't like having ejected uterine lining all over the place? For real though, toss one of her towels down and get after it! Personally, my SWMBO doesn't give me a day off... In the beginning I got a week to rest and recuperate every month buuuuut I changed her opinion on that. Most things that can happen in the bedroom don't gross me out, except maybe 2 girls one cup type action. Poo play is a no-go for me, but buttsecks is still fun if you can convince them to go for it.

I want everyone who commented one way or the other to list how long they have been "with" their SO, wife or otherwise and also how many children you have in the house between 0-18yo. I have a feeling there is a negative correlation between aversion to "colorful sex" and length of relationship x how many kids.

Short term relationship "to hell with that, I'll just make up for it on the other 21 days of the month.

Long term. "it's been 2 weeks since my last opportunity, there's no way I'm giving up this chance".

Kids. "what is sex?"

1 2 year old, One due any day now. Sex.....any way it came would be nice. Hell give me an armpit, I don't care at this point. Never bothered me though.

Married for 9 months, no kids, no sex prior to marriage. We're just pretty enthusiastic and don't let all that much get in our way.

I am currently in a relationship for the last 8 months. Two kids from my marriage who are 11 and 13. Marriage lasted 5 years, followed by a 6 year GF. Neither of which I had sex on the period.

Throw a towel down, or jump in the shower. I don't go looking for it then, but I'm sure not going to refuse. If I do, she might start to refuse at times as well.

Married 11 years in November, 2 kids, but with bedrooms on different floors of the house.

I may swim in the red river, but I don't drink the water!!! never earned my redwings!!

I have been married 13 years, 2 kids ages 12 and 10 and I actually enjoy it much less now than before and try to avoid it if possible. It used to not bother me. Now I figure "I've waited this long, another week ain't gonna kill me!"

Besides, just because the ferris wheel is broken they don't shut down the entire amusement park. There are other rides I enjoy just as much.

Oh.... BTW....... this thread is very timely :(

Besides, just because the ferris wheel is broken they don't shut down the entire amusement park. There are other rides I enjoy just as much.
+1 on that

I actually enjoy it much less now than before and try to avoid it if possible. It used to not bother me. Now I figure "I've waited this long, another week ain't gonna kill me!"
I believe this is true too. I can wait out the tide better now than when I was younger.

Uhhhh... No. Definitely the LEAST fertile during the actual menstrual flow. Very fertile in the days before. Not at all fertile in the days of and immediately after.

And to the OP, I don't care about getting it on during the period. I'm grateful to get it, so I'll hit it whenever. Beggars can't be choosers. ;)

Yeah. This is probably the time when you have the worst chance for getting her pregnant.

Back