Do you still have a bottle of your first Brew ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vongo

Reaction score
If so what kind and how long ago was it brewed.
Mine is a brewers best Belgian Triple kit still have 12 22oz bombers brewed 7 months ago
Keep in mind I have only brewed about 40 gallons total so far.

Yep, Fat Tire Clone extract kit. Bottled 6/18/10, I think I still have 4. I did a tasting at 6 months and plan to do the same at 1 year.

I don't have my first from 1990, but I do have a coupe bottles of a 1994 Oktoberfest that I made. They haven't been in a temperature controlled environment, so I probably won't try them.

My first was an Irish Red Ale in around 1992 or 1993. Once my buddies decided it was pretty good it lasted about two days. I did find an ESB and a Lemon Wheat from two years ago in my inlaws fridge. The wheat had turned very winey and floral but was super clean. The ESB had the old ale leather note and wasn't bad either. I was preety excited with the find.

mines not worth saving but i think i have a bottle from every batch i've made.

yes. ordinary bitter, brewed 10/18/2009. I tried one on 10/18/2010. It was, interesting. what little hop presence there was to begin with had faded and it became sweet light malt water.

A few months ago I found one. It was a hoppy IPA and, by the time I got to it, it was something like 8 months after brewday. The hoppiness was completely gone - nothing left. It tasted like a pretty good lawnmower beer, though.

yes / 08.2010 / basic wheat, was bad then and probably still is but i kept one anyway :)

No way Jose, I drink my brews! Also my first brew was a Russian imperial stout from about six years ago, I drank most of them right off the bat, but managed to save a 12 pack of 22oz to age it a year. Man it was awesome! I drank one each month.
I do have about 8 of my Vermont Maple Porters left from last year, drinking one a month until they are gone!

My beer just doesn't last that long, I like it too much.

I brewed my first batch (an IPA) in November. I struggled to wait the 3 weeks of fermentation and 4 weeks after bottling, but I wiped it out before the end of January. Brew #2 was my Belgian quad, and that I'll be letting sit for a while (may leave it until at least next winter). Might save a bottle or two for a few years.

If so what kind and how long ago was it brewed.
Mine is a brewers best Belgian Triple kit still have 12 22oz bombers brewed 7 months ago
Keep in mind I have only brewed about 40 gallons total so far.

Haha! Wild!

My first beer was also a Belgian Tripel kit (Brewer's Best) and I got the idea to save this first bottle from this forum. The suggestion was to save the beer until one moved out. 1 1/2 years later it still sits upon the shelf in my "beer closet." We're moving out at the end of June. Should be... Interesting :)

No, I don't. Although I may have a few bottles of wine from batches prior to 2006 if I search the cellar.

I don't have any beers on hand at all except for the ones we're currently drinking!

Sure do, infact i have 48 bottles.

And I kid you not, they are being dumped before this friday to make space for my new beer.

Terrible kit+Kilo experiment. Held onto em for YEARS hoping they may get better. But yeah, nothing to do there.

I have one 6-pack left, which was brewed in April of last year. Breaking into it shortly to commemorate 1 year.

No. It was so good it went fast. Still have some of the second time I brewed the same recipe.

NRS

Gladly, I do not.

First brew was an extract pale ale. Mistakenly stirred up the primary fermenter before racking to bottling bucket (thinking I was supposed to aerate the wort at that stage instead of aerating right before pitching yeast)

Had about 1" of sediment in each bottle.

Drank maybe 3 of them and ended up using most of the rest as a "yeast nutrient".

long gone... i do keep two bottles of everything for a 6 month review and two for a 12 month review if they're up for aging.

No, I don't and don't really mind as my first one wasn't really that memorable -but I found a bottle of my third one (a porter kit recipe from TrueBrew) tucked away in a closet along with a whole bunch of empties I'd cleaned and put there for storage (how it made it in there is anybodies' guess) about 4 months ago. Been contemplating the bottle, actually. It was in one of those ceramic crown-able flip-top bottles that Hoogstraten poorter comes in. I love those bottles! But I also love that beer. Have to dig around for a clone of that someday... anyway, there you have it. That beer would be uhm, I guess about a little over 4 years old by now.

Latest posts

Back