Do these water adjustments look right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zionoraca

Reaction score
Could anyone help my out by taking a look at my entries I made using EZ Water. I imputed my ward lab report and the grain for the beer I'm brewing. I then just played around with the water additions until I got everything in the green and the mash PH in the ballpark. Does this look right? Also the effective alkalinity and residual alkalinity have me a bit confused. What do these numbers mean? Thanks for any help

View attachment Thanksgiving Spiced Ale.pdf

I have just gotten into water profile adjustments. We pretty much have the same water profile. I use these for tips on adjustments:

Sulfate - Hoppy beers get 175 ppm, moderately hoppy beers get 75 ppm, and low hopped beers get less than 50 ppm.

Chloride – Hoppy beers get less than 50 ppm, moderately hoppy beers get 75 ppm, and low hopped beers get 100 ppm.

Sodium – Hoppy beers get less than 30 ppm, moderate hop/malt beers get 50 ppm, and very sweet/malty beers get 75 ppm.

and John's site for RA http://www.howtobrew.com/section3/chapter15-3.html

Link doesn't seem to work. Sulfate/chloride is more of a ratio rather than hard numbers. Balance the numbers for malt and 3x sulfate to chloride or even higher for hoppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back